DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

Some stuff I liked, some stuff I hated. Overall, it was fine.

One thing is for sure though, is that I am 100% on board with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. She was fantastic.

But they didn't invested into her not even for a total of 10 minutes backstory...She randomly popped up and yeah that was about it..

Also what was that shit

Batman figuring out who she was through the internet and sending her an e-mail asking her who she was like a teenage boy messaging a girl through facebook..Holy shit...I was rolling on the floor laughing

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some stuff I liked, some stuff I hated. Overall, it was fine.

One thing is for sure though, is that I am 100% on board with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. She was fantastic.

But they didn't invested into her not even for a total of 10 minutes backstory...She randomly popped up and yeah that was about it..

Also what was that shit

Batman figuring out who she was through the internet and sending her an e-mail asking her who she was like a teenage boy messaging a girl through facebook..Holy shit...I was rolling on the floor laughing

My "What the shit?" moment was watching Lois and Superman take turns drowning themselves, trying to get the kryptonite spear. Morons.

Loved everything from the point where the Bat signal turned on(except for Lois being Lois). Everything before that was meh. Batfleck and Wonder Woman were the best. I found Lex a bit amusing but I didn't mind him. I marked for the other JL members' cameos. Batman using guns (particularly the Knightmare scene) bothered me a bit though.

I thought the movie was great. Definitely some flaws but still.

I really dont understand the critics tho. as huge comicbook nerd, this movie is on point the whole time. Theres moments where I marked out a lot. Idk how thats gonna justify my judgement as a movie reviewer though. Can it be better? Sure it can. But in my point of view, its already a 8.8/10.

As a person who is not interested in the Superman character and mostly dislikes Snyder's films, my opinion on this movie is biased. As a comic book fan, yes there are a ton of Mark out moments. Affleck, Gadot, Adams, and Cavill got their roles down precisely as they needed to. But this movie had so much going on that it never took a breather except for maybe three scenes. This movie is worth watching as a comic book fan, but it is not without major problems.

Couple of Mondo posters:

UM1G8Jx.jpgMxrg5So.jpg

Omg!! I want those bad.

On subject, the movie was awesome! Was it perfect? No. There's a few things I would've changed in the interactions and dialog. The way everyone should look at this movie, in my opinion, is look at it like a comic book on screen. The pacing was almost like a superman comic series. Where nothing big happens and it's a bunch of random shit and then the last issue, it just takes off. Don't look at it like a movie that we've had before. That might be what's throwing people off. Plus we're all jaded. We've seem the action packed and funny moments that marvel movies give us so this is pretty lackluster in comparison. Everyone that complained about marvel movies are now complaining that it wasn't just like them. As someone said earlier it's on point with comics. My main point is I don't want them to change style or direction of Justice League because of ridiculous pressure for it not being a 'fun' movie.

Don't plan on seeing the movie, the reviews aren't helping the cause but im super excited that Batfleck seems to be universally loved. Heard him and Geoff Johns are writing the next Batman movie which is going to be fantastic.

In my opinion Batman was the only good part of the movie...

Also I like how people praise Wonder Woman in this movie but the only thing she does is show up randomly like Stathan in Furious 7 and then take part in the final battle... (no backstory,no motive behind her involvement whatsoever)...

Get the *Censored* outta here with that shit

Don't plan on seeing the movie, the reviews aren't helping the cause but im super excited that Batfleck seems to be universally loved. Heard him and Geoff Johns are writing the next Batman movie which is going to be fantastic.

Also I like how people praise Wonder Woman in this movie but the only thing she does is show up randomly like Stathan in Furious 7 and then take part in the final battle... (no backstory,no motive behind her involvement whatsoever)...

She's the only one doing anything during the final battle. Batman is hiding from Doomsday, and Lois and Superman are taking turns drowning themselves

Good movie, don't understand the negative reviews AT ALL. Only character I wasn't quite a fan of was Lex Luthor. Affleck's Batman might be the best ever. Feel like the R-rated version will make it even better.

They're saving her backstory for her movie

I think the best thing I can say about this movie is I didn't hate it. Like it wasn't like Man of Steel where I was genuinely getting pissed off watching it. That being said I didn't find myself enjoying the movie...like at all. I mean I'm not a huge fan of the story they have playing out, but I think I just dislike this film on a more fundamental level. The way it's shot, structured, the colorization, and so on, just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Yeah, best live-action Bruce Wayne/Batman yet imo. They finally let Alfred be the techie that he is too.

Better than Bale? A lot of people are saying this, but I honestly don't see it.

Better Bruce Wayne than Bale, yeah. But actually now Idk if I'd rank him as a better Batman than Bale yet.

Yeah, best live-action Bruce Wayne/Batman yet imo. They finally let Alfred be the techie that he is too.

Better than Bale? A lot of people are saying this, but I honestly don't see it.

Better Bruce Wayne than Bale, yeah. But actually now Idk if I'd rank him as a better Batman than Bale yet.

Interesting that you say that, since I believe that Bale was always a better Wayne than he was Batman.

And I'd say Affleck is better than Bale at both.

Archived