DC Cinematic Universe

Mailman

I'm still looking forward to it because it's *censored*ing Batman and Superman and I've always wanted to see the two in a film together.

Jesse as Luthor isn't a good choice though imo. Hope he'll prove me wrong but I'm not feeling it atm.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what peoples problem is with Superman snapping Zods neck? What do they expect him to do, spin kick him into the sun, or Karate chop him and then shoot him with a gun?

Because Superman doesn't kill people or whatever, even though Superman has most definitely killed before.

I don't know what peoples problem is with Superman snapping Zods neck? What do they expect him to do, spin kick him into the sun, or Karate chop him and then shoot him with a gun?

Because Superman doesn't kill people or whatever, even though Superman has most definitely killed before.

That is Batman who doesn't kill people. Superman has killed before, for sure he offed Doomsday at least one time. Superman knows killing is a necessary evil sometimes, if Batman wasn't such a wuss he would have killed Joker already and saved dozens of lives.

That is Batman who doesn't kill people. Superman has killed before, for sure he offed Doomsday at least one time. Superman knows killing is a necessary evil sometimes, if Batman wasn't such a wuss he would have killed Joker already and saved dozens of lives.

Isn't Batman's argument that he feels he's so *censored*ed up that if he took out Joker, he wouldn't stop and would just keep crossing super villains off the list?

The problem isn't the fact that he killed Zod. Its the fact that he took so long to do it destroying almost the entire city in the process only killing Zod when Zod was going to kill a family in the train station.

My issue is that Zack Snyder has this weird obsession with violence and destruction. He's not a good fit for a Superman movie because nothing about Zack's style fits the character of Superman. Superman should be making sure the city doesn't get destroyed, not kicking a guy's ass in a manor that ensures it. I don't have a problem with Superman killing Zod, I have a problem with WHEN Superman killed Zod. Timing I'd say is my biggest issue with this entire Cinematic Universe they have planned. From the get go the pacing has been shit. I would have been more okay with Man of Steel if it was sequel and not the first in the DC Cinematic Universe. In Iron Man we end with Tony Stark just kicking some guy's ass in a robot suit. In the context of the movie it's climatic, but in the context of Earth in general, it's a pretty small scale affair. Man of Steel ends with Superman saving earth, a small town, and a whole *censored*ing city being destroyed. Avengers also ended with a city being destroyed, but we had a little something called build-up to get to that point. We went on some smaller scale adventures with each of our characters and got to know them before the climax that was the Avengers. It gives the ending a lot more weight. DC doesn't seemed to be concerned with building up anything at all. We're already getting Wonder Woman, Batman, and Aquaman all within the next movie. DC's problem, and a lot of the fanboys' problem is that they want fanservice and they don't particularly care about the quality in which it is given to them. I just feel like we've just been thrown halfway into this DC Cinematic Universe without really getting to know any of the characters. Even Man of Steel did this. When Superman kills Zod, it's his first mission. It was never even established that Superman doesn't kill in this universe. So when he kills Zod and starts screaming, it's just really weird. The scene doesn't work. If we had seen a few of Superman's other outings where he had to use his head and didn't resort to killing we would have an understanding of his moral code. So if by say the third movie Superman has to abandon his code in order to save the city, the scene would pack that much more of a punch. But DC isn't concerned with effective storytelling, they're concerned with making as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, off of fan service. Man of Steel is like the pre-mature ejaculation of film.

Isn't Batman's argument that he feels he's so *censored*ed up that if he took out Joker, he wouldn't stop and would just keep crossing super villains off the list?

That actually sounds great to me. Also, Zod didn't really give Superman a choice of where to fight. In fact, he used Metropolis as a way to get Superman to fight him. In fact, in the comics, when Superman fought Doomsday for the first time he tried several times to get him away from Metropolis, even tossing him into the ocean, but every time Doomsday came back because he knew Superman friends, primarily Lois and Jimmy Olsen were there. In the end, the city was wrecked just as bad as it was in the movie, and both Superman and Doomsday were dead. The movie was nothing new from what the comics already did.

Well its not totally confirmed but doesn't this version of kill the Joker?

I am really struggling to care for this movie

Same, y'know. Plus I didn't even dig the trailers I saw.

Same. I'll go see it because of the novelty of finally seeing both on a movie screen, but I'm not expecting much.

Archived