Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New albums from Travis Scott, Denzel Curry and Mac Miller. Apparently Travis delivered a classic.

So far, I think the first half (up to Wake Up) is pretty incredible. Fantastic production, great feature spots, tight melodies.

But I think the 2nd half starts to feel slightly redundant and bloated imo

I listened to Sicko Mode and I really liked the beat, but then they switched it up and now I'm disappointed.

I'm kind of torn on that.

I love the song, and how much of a rollercoaster it is with all the beat switches. But at the same time, I do wish Travis could have let the first bit with Drake play out.

That's a good concept imo too, but I still liked the first beat too much. It was too good. Now I want a full version of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I told myself I would never post in this topic because I don't follow hip hop like y'all do even though I love it (not enough apparently), but I'm listening to Kamikaze right now and... is this wtf I've been missing? I've been intentionally skipping all of Em's sheeit since Relapse and now I feel like I need to work my way backwards because I'm finally on board with his flow. I HAAAAAAATED that sheeit but I can deal with it now. People say Revival was the hottest of garbages but I'm anxious to peep that afterwards, we'll see how bad it really was

Edit:: Peeped it, quite the change of sound. I get why the fans strayed from Revival, but I still enjoyed listening to it. I wouldn't have bout the sheeit though. Not saying much, the only album I bought was Encore and alot of people disliked that too

he is though.

Kamikaze is average at best... but if you compare it to Revival sure it sounds better. but that doesnt say much at all.

and dude is "beefing" with MGK? Really? That clown has any significance?

Em is washed up... he ain't got nothing new to say or to say anything at all. And Kamikaze sounds like a salty response to Revival, nothing more.

people are acting like he "destroyed" some folks with "Fall". the lyrics were garbage... he took some shots at Joe Budden... Charlemagne... wow... who cares? And Tyler and Earl? his actual fans? with some garbage childish lines... gtfo.

He just sounded like a bitch. "I influenced you all"... Cool. And now what? everybodys given you props for that always.

he is though.

Kamikaze is average at best... but if you compare it to Revival sure it sounds better. but that doesnt say much at all.

and dude is "beefing" with MGK? Really? That clown has any significance?

Em is washed up... he ain't got nothing new to say or to say anything at all. And Kamikaze sounds like a salty response to Revival, nothing more.

people are acting like he "destroyed" some folks with "Fall". the lyrics were garbage... he took some shots at Joe Budden... Charlemagne... wow... who cares? And Tyler and Earl? his actual fans? with some garbage childish lines... gtfo.

He just sounded like a bitch. "I influenced you all"... Cool. And now what? everybodys given you props for that always.

Yeah, I havent listened to Kamikaze but it was weird how he came for Tyler like that. Super bitter. Dude has been a massive fan of him, and to my knowledge - I think he only really critiqued Revival.

I think he only went for those for whom he knew they aint gonna respond.

I mean and you call him a "*censored*"? Thats some stupid bitch ass shit. And dissin Earl...

I don't know... he still might have his speed and delivery... but his lyricism is sub par on here.

And as I've said before, he didn't bring nothing new or creative, he just bitched about Revival criticques.

Him and Jay and Nas have been rapping forever. Theyre rich. What more can you really even rap about that hasnt been touched. Im not about to say any of them are washed up.

so the only point in making rap music is getting rich?

I'm not saying it has to be something untouched at all. Pusha T has been rapping about the same subject forever, yet he made a dope as *Censored* album.

Not a big fan of either of those guys personaly. Jay has been boring to me always. Do I recognise him as important part of hisrory? Sure. They all had classics, and Illmatic is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever... but after that? Nas projects were all over the place quality wise.

Finally got to listen to Rap Devil and CHYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH I'M EXCITED BWOI!

I know Em can't kill MGK (actually might be the first guy to survive an onslaught, everybody else got buried), especially not just one song, cause MGK has the youth and the fanbase to stay around for a good while, but if nothing else this period of time is really getting these's fools to work. G-Eazy to the left, Em to the right. MGK going OT bout to rack up some new fans. I hope this inspires some other peeps too.

Archived