Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaperThinWalls

Hip Hop Thread

Who do you think will be the next 'long term rapper'

I mean that by if you look now you have so many from the 90s up until 2010.

Probably the latest are Drake, J Cole and Kendrick.

But this new generation are saying they want to be in the game for 5 years and leave, I think a lot of them don't really have a choice because there audience won't allow them to stay any longer.

I honestly can't see the next long term star. Migos, lil uzi, lil yachty, and many others just don't have the quality to last ten/fifteen years.

We could be seeing the end of the height of hip hop 😔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBViC-fEdm0

I really like the sound on it. This one and the track "If Time Is Money" sound really nice. Allah Mathematics really found a flowy sound. The whole project sounds really but "nothing special". Which is really cool: It really looks like they did the whole project with a Wu Tang idea, but with no pretension. Like they really did it with a lot of simple enjoyment.

And Method Man is just smooth asf.

Edited by aono55

Lil Peep is dead.

Hopefully the rappers giving there respects realise that this drug wave needs to stop.

Never liked his music but he was openly gay/bisexual and that doesn't happen in the rap community so respect for that.

Such a bummer to hear about Peep. So young yet had a sound and an image that was completely his own. I was a casual fan of his stuff but I genuinely thought he'd be doing big things sooner rather than later.

Hadn't heard of Peep til he died. Gave him a listen out of curiosity and I feel like I missed out on so much. Dude was talented.

Damn shame he had to become another cautionary tale.

They all look like throwaway tracks tbh

Edited by Ghost.

Just listened to Revival... Eminem needs to stop getting a pass, this is one of the worst albums i've ever heard.