Hip Hop Thread

It's too unimaginative for me. Maybe it's me just really wanting trippy beats, but everything about J. Cole comes across to me as that guy who is so real, it becomes annoying how real he is. Part of that is his fanbase. But I still haven't picked up Forest Hill Drive because it just doesn't interest me. Hard to explain for me.

Nah, I understand you. Still, Forest Hills Drive did have some great songs on it.

Grenade: Wow, that's pretty great man. I was looking at the tracklisting thinking, "Who is Joe Fox?" but that's actually a brilliant gesture.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a huge hip hop head, but I don't come in this thread much. Anyways 2 things:

I haven't listened to ALLA yet. I will listen to it tonight.

Odd Future is done. :( Man they blew up my freshman year of high school (2010-2011) and pretty much died out as soon as I graduated (2014) so I pretty much grew up with them as a teen. Really sucks man but I understand. My two friends from high school and I were all huge OF fans but they grew out of it before me. You know how all your friends would stop watching wrestling but you'd be the only one who never did? I felt like that.

Surf is such a very happy project, that's one of the parts I enjoy to it. Chance & SoX continue to mesh quite well together, it's quite an enjoyable sound to my ears and it's something different than what most hip-hop albums have now with the instruments and tools he's using. I'm not done with it yet, but it's a great project so far.

Archived