Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaperThinWalls

Hip Hop Thread

I don't know, can he? Because the last freestyle of him that went viral was Melania Trump'd, letter for letter.

Well he got caught, I hope he not dumb enough to do it again. You can tell this one wasn't plagiarized at least, the possibility of ghostwriting super decreased when he spit about people having ghostwriters in this one so I think this one is all him but I could be wrong because I'm sure he has the ability/resources to hide it better if he was guilty of any of this.

Edited by EJ!

The new Tribe Called Quest album is pretty sick. It's no Midnight Marauders but it's still the best album I've heard in a minute. I'm a 90s hip hop head so I have an extreme bias towards that era in general, not to knock the modern stuff, just not my taste. Some is ok, I have to rep J.Cole since he's from Fayettenam, plus dude can spit.

Now here is some things I can agree with y'all on. Ironman was a sick album, Cappacino's verse on Winterwarz is maybe top 10 I've ever heard..."my low cut fade stay bushy, like a porcupine, i part backs like a spine, gut you like a blunt and reconstruct your design.....we used to bump the hell out of that, liquid swordz. Cuban linx, and that bobby Bobby bobby digi digi digi..bobby digital. I saw the Wu in concert at the house of blues in Myrtle Beach right when ODB got out of prison, but he didn't play the show...heard he was a sight to see live but also heard his rhymes were garbage live. Ghost and Method were the best live of the group; Ghost came out with the big gold belt (the flair belt) and the fur coat, method came out with a big ol cloud of smoke pouring out his hoodie, and when they did Cherchez le ghost, they pulled 20-30 girls on stage and it turned into a strip club, good ol south cackalak. They were good live, but Cypress Hill and The Roots are the best live hip hop performances I've ever seen. Murs was pretty good live too...god's work was my jones for a minute. I know all the good, classic stuff, makes me feel old. I see a bunch of classic 90s albums listed above, but where's "lifestyles of da po and dangerous" and "stone crazy". Those two are definitely up there with all those albums, well at least the lyrics are on lifestyles, cuz big l waa said to have blown all the loot the record company gave him for beats on gear and just went out and spent pennies on beats for that album, but the lyrics...cuz big l be f'ing with more keys than a janitor.....that's a definite album to have. Sad bout his story, he could of been huge.

Edited by The Ingobernable

Maybe I need to listen a few more times but first impression of 4 Your Eyez isnt all that great to be completely honest. I knowing saying this is basically a meme at this point to call Cole boring but this album really was just boring and slow to me. With the exception of a few songs nothing really stood out to me. I was always just kind of waiting for the next song to be sick.

Still have to listen to the new Ab Soul too

Edited by Grenade.