Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously. Unless D'Angelo is also nominated for it, I'm not hearing it tbh.

AOTY nominees:

- TPAB, Kendrick Lamar

- 1989, Taylor Swift

- Traveller, Chris Stapleton

- Beauty Behind the Madness, The Weeknd

- Sound and Colour - Alabama Shakes

I don't think any of the others deserve the win over Kendrick.

D'Angelo's 'Really Love' is nominated for Record of the Year, which also won Best R&B Song, no AOTY though Black Messiah won best R&B Record

Yeah, that lacks logic, tbh. I haven't listened to Traveller but it should've replaced that anyway, lol

Also, the bits I caught of Kendrick's performance! and the applause he got from Common etc. omg, i'm stanning

I knew it.

They won't let hip hop win Album of the Year.

If To Pimp a Butterfly couldn't do it, I don't know what can.

It's a great pop album, and she is very talented, but it's still pretty disappointing that a landmark album like TPAB loses here. And I dunno about the sales/appeal argument since they gave it to Beck over Beyonce last year.

I think the Grammy's just don't have much respect for hip-hop as a genre, tbh. Kinda confirms that these shows aren't to be taken seriously.

They shouldn't be. Grammys are a *censored*ing joke. Not even worth watching. Just catch the performances on YouTube later. They cover such a small sliver of music, a sliver that contains almost exclusively artists I don't care about or listen to, that it's just pointless to sit through for me. They don't award artists that actual music fans enjoy, they award artists that consumers enjoy. The whole show is outdated. Sure, it may have been the most legitimate award show for musics for decades, but in the internet age I just feel that it holds no real purpose.

Yeah, that lacks logic, tbh. I haven't listened to Traveller but it should've replaced that anyway, lol

Also, the bits I caught of Kendrick's performance! and the applause he got from Common etc. omg, i'm stanning

I knew it.

They won't let hip hop win Album of the Year.

If To Pimp a Butterfly couldn't do it, I don't know what can.

Traveller is good but not album of the year or anything. I don't even think it should have won best country album, to me it should have been kacey musgraves. I also think meliora by ghost should have been nominated for album of the year, but whatever.

Archived