Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just listened to ALLA all the way through and it's really good. I liked every song on his last studio album and the same will probably apply to this after I listen to it more than once. I've never been disappointed on production on any of his projects and it goes the same for this. The first two songs start off a bit slow/depressing but are still good, still doesn't take away from how good the album is but it's just something I noticed. It's a solid release from Flacko, but I don't think it beats TPAB for me as best album of 2015 so far, but it'll be up there in best rap album categories though.

What do you guys think of this?

Love it at the first listen, which is rare for me. Picking up his album later this week, if it gets on Spotify. It's a great first half of 2015 with Kendrick, Tyler and Rocky's releases, probably my top-3 favorite rappers right now.

Interesting. I honestly didn't like this song, but I'm hopeful Rocky will pull through. I did love his mixtape, and do think he is one of the better lyricists out there when it comes to mainstream hip-hop.

Tyler is an incredibly creative artist but as a rapper? Eh, I wouldn't say he's in my top-3. He lost that chance a while ago for me.

Tyler is really great as a rapper sometimes (Yonkers, Colossus, Answer etc). And he's almost always a great producer. He's just one of my favorite celebrities in general because of his creativity and personality.

What do you guys think of this?

Love it at the first listen, which is rare for me. Picking up his album later this week, if it gets on Spotify. It's a great first half of 2015 with Kendrick, Tyler and Rocky's releases, probably my top-3 favorite rappers right now.

Interesting. I honestly didn't like this song, but I'm hopeful Rocky will pull through. I did love his mixtape, and do think he is one of the better lyricists out there when it comes to mainstream hip-hop.

Tyler is an incredibly creative artist but as a rapper? Eh, I wouldn't say he's in my top-3. He lost that chance a while ago for me.

It's purely personal preference for me when it comes to Rocky and Tyler. Especially the latter, there are tracks that I find absolutely ridiculous, but I just really enjoy listening to him. Kendrick is probably the only rapper I am a fan of a

At the sam. e, I can't listen to J. Cole at all. He's no fun. He produced HiiiPower right? That's probably one of my least favorite beats Kendrick rapped on, not counting features.

BfinishBackspace on a phone is cacancecancer *Censored* this. I'll continue this comment when I get on the laptop.

Tyler is really great as a rapper sometimes (Yonkers, Colossus, Answer etc). And he's almost always a great producer. He's just one of my favorite celebrities in general because of his creativity and personality.

Yeah, he has his brilliant moments for sure. "Answer" is a fantastic song, but I feel he compromises too much.

He just resorts to his usual schtick far too often, or doesn't rap with the same level of passion / interest that he did on "Bastard", for me to consider him great.

Jiggy: J. Cole's always been a bit weird, to me. He has flow, and can be a compelling rapper every now and again, but just doesn't interest me all that much.

People make him out as if he's a messianic rap figure, when he's not that philosophically, or lyrically, great nor deep to be deservedly seen as one. At least imo.

HiiiPOWER is a fantastic beat, though. One of my fav Cole instrumentals to date.

It's too unimaginative for me. Maybe it's me just really wanting trippy beats, but everything about J. Cole comes across to me as that guy who is so real, it becomes annoying how real he is. Part of that is his fanbase. But I still haven't picked up Forest Hill Drive because it just doesn't interest me. Hard to explain for me.

So Joe Fox was homeless when he met Rocky (and didn't even know who he was) at 4am on the street and sold him his mixtape, and that night Rocky invited him to go to the studio with him, and he ended up on 5 songs on the album. And ended up working with Rocky, Kanye, MIA, Future, and some huge producers. And Rocky is letting him live at his house in the meantime. Rocky changed this dudes life man.

Archived