Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on holiday for two weeks, So while I'm away I want to listen to new albums.

What is the critically acclaimed best rap albums for myself? I want about 4 or 5 albums. Many suggestions would be great.

I'm sure you've heard MBDTF and Madvillainy by now, right? If so, listen to records such as Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Common's Like Water for Chocolate or Be...Mos Def's Black on Both Sides, Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star..

Yeah, Madvillainy, TPAB and MBDTF are the braindead answers, must listens imo. At the off-chance you haven't yet gave it a listen: RTJ2 as well.

Aside from that, I really like all Tech N9ne albums but I think Sickology 101 and Something Else are probably the best ones. Da Roach is a great album imo that I never hear anyone talk about. Everything from Death Grips and Young Fathers is sweet as well imo, but definitely not the most traditional hip hop. Legends Never Die by R.A. is a very good album as well imo. City Of Ommz is kinda average but a few select tracks are really *censored*ing good.

Actually, I wanna add Watching Movies With The Sound Off. I know Mac's not the most popular rapper ever, but I personally really like him and I think that particular album was really damn good.

So no Illmatic, Reasonable doubt? Any Wu Tang album?

My bad. I wrongly assumed you listened to those.

Reasonable Doubt's fantastic. Illmatic is a phenomenal album, too.

I only listened to 36 Chambers once so I can't pass proper judgment but in terms of Wu Tang stuff; Ghostface has put out some amazing albums. (Even give Fishscale a listen if you can).

I'm on holiday for two weeks, So while I'm away I want to listen to new albums.

What is the critically acclaimed best rap albums for myself? I want about 4 or 5 albums. Many suggestions would be great.

Clipse. Everything Clipse.

Out of all the people, they had to take away Chinx. They couldn't of done this to Young Thug?

And I'm real irritated seeing dumb comments on places like TMZ, making false judgements of how he lived his life based solely off his stage name and the name of the label, Coke Boys. People are stupid.

RIP Chinx. I know French has to be siick right now.

Archived