Hip Hop Thread

A loss that will be felt even more when you look at how involved he was with his home community and his overall entrepreneurship. They're in a tough spot and lost someone who could create opportunities and who was in their corner, it only adds to the tragedy.

Reading some of these reactions is making me think that it's not a death people will move on from easily, people are very frustrated because Nipsey Hussle seemingly was so valuable to his people.

And that's without taking the documentary he was involved with into account, which puts a whole different spin to the murder; one that is both as frightening as it is familiar with the conspiracy theories that goes along with it.

So in short: a heavy loss and a damn shame.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt even sleep last night, just still in disbelief and talking with people. Watched a stream on YouTube of fans gathering around his shop/sadly murder location to mourn and this just seeing how much support this man has is crazy. Got heated a few times throughout the stream, but mostly remained chill. Seem like it might be hot out there for a good min around Cali. Hopefully it doesnt turn out like it did when Pac passed.

Just found about this through word of mouth. Dunno much about the guy, just a name I know. Never really listened to his music but man, the bodies keep piling. We're losing alot of creative people

One of my friends put together a little candle light ceremony for Nipsey. And this is Long Island. He wasn't just important in his community, but he was important, to his people as a race and culture. And it has nothing to do with his music, but the man he became, an entrepeneur whos sole purpose was the upliftment of his people and unity. Hempstead, Long Island is a dangerous place, so it was fitting, it was held at a park out here (Kennedy Park), a park thats also become a place where violence jumped off. So not just the candle lighting, but it was also like a open discussion, about what we can do to up the unity and decrease the violence in our community, we had both Bloods and Crips there, everybody contributed to the discussion, there were NO altercations, and we made the local news.

All of this, was because of Nipsey Hussle and his death impacted A LOT of US, all over the world. That right there shows you how important he was. I dont want to compare him to a Dr. King or a Malcolm X, but he was like that for a lot of people.

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts on new Schoolboy Q?

Quick first listen, but I like the sound of it. It's different again because Q switches shit up a lot, but it sounds like it's right up my alley.

Also, that new YG track, Go Loko, I don't know what it is, but I can't stop listening to it.

Any thoughts on new Schoolboy Q?

Quick first listen, but I like the sound of it. It's different again because Q switches shit up a lot, but it sounds like it's right up my alley.

Also, that new YG track, Go Loko, I don't know what it is, but I can't stop listening to it.

True.

On my first listen, it was "I expected something else". On my second but actually first real listen it was more "shit, this is dope". Later, it became more like: "alright, it's not amazing, but I can appreciate it, and play it often".

I still think it's pretty cool, and looking forward to anything he puts out.

Ok I'm finally ready to say it. Relapse is underrated af. It's a great album. I don't care what Em thinks of it or anyone else. Never got the hate. I brought it the day it came out. It still holds up. It's definitely better than everything after Relapse except Kamikaze.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived