Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Top 5 best hip hop beat intros/recognizable intros? Just a random thought cause I woke up thinking of WU's C.R.E.A.M

I Got 5 On It by Luniz

Bring Da Ruckus by Wu Tang

Rebel Without a Pause/ Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos ( tie ) by Public Enemy

The Formula by D.O.C ( underrrated as shit song )

Gangsta Gangsta by N.W.A

How is that beat bad? If it was one of " today's lame ass beats " it would've just been a generic trap beat like the ones for " My *Censored*" or " All Gold Everything ". This one actually seemed kind of old school to me. And Ice Cube certainly hasn't lost any of his rapping ability.

Nah no diss at all. Some new age rap/trap/mumble etc and rappers I can tolerate like Migos,Future,Travis Scott,A$AP, Logic, Rae Sremmurd and probably a few others i'm forgetting. Shit I can't tolerate is folks like XXXTentacion, Lil Yachty,Lil Pump :facepalm: Kodak Black but I might change my mind soon depending on if he can stay outta trouble

Lil Uzi Vert gets a pass from me because of two songs and those songs only. Young Thug gets a pass cause of his collaboration songs but as for his own shit and the homo trolling..... 21 Savage is ok. I feel like the biggest issue for me is 1. something that Snoop said in an interview years back on how people can validate on if you did this and that in the streets during his up rising but now it's different
6:19
and 2. Half the shit now is the same message. This person caught this many bodies,sold this many drugs,on this drug,got this many goons,can't be touched in a violent way or else,etc. Guess folks gotta do what they gotta do for buzz and that's the buzz now for rappers in a way. Some audiences would rather turn off some Kendrick,Cole, and Nas for a song about shooting someone this many times or got high off this amount of pills. I try to give artist a chance no matter the genre but if you're following the same path as the people I listed above then it's an instant "I'm not *censored*ing with that. Back to old school rap and artists of this age I know about."
I mean,Lil Pump really? Really homie? I get his name references a gun but foh.

You can tolerate Future? It's your opinion of course, I respect that, but I honestly can't understand why anyone would tolerate him, his voice sounds like some toy robot running out of batteries, and his lyrics are Waka Floka levels of incoherent.

You can tolerate Future? It's your opinion of course, I respect that, but I honestly can't understand why anyone would tolerate him, his voice sounds like some toy robot running out of batteries, and his lyrics are Waka Floka levels of incoherent.

Don't know why this made me laugh

Anyway

wIZ3jco.jpg

Anyone else check this out? Currently watching it.

Don't know why this made me laugh

LOL, some new school rapper's voices are just easy to make jokes about. I've heard some hilarious stuff people have said about Fetty Wap and Lil Yachty's voices in the past.

SaveSave

Archived