Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any grime albums that come close to Boy in Da Corner? I'm only familiar with a few artists in the genre. Kano's Home Sweet Home is pretty consistent too and Skepta's new album is very good, but BIDC has always been a favourite of mine

JME's album is really good and watch out for stormzy album.

Konnichiwa was a decent album, but it was quite dissapointing that half of the albums tracks have been released for a while, still a good album tho. The track with Pharell is one of my favs

Very good album Coloring Book is, defo the best Hip Hop release we've had this year imo. Young Thug goes in on 'Mixtape' and Jay on 'How Great' man he was spitting fire. Still prefer Acid Rap but that's just because I'm not a huge fan of gospel rap which quite a lot of Coloring Book is, still a great album tho

I think I still prefer Acid Rap because it was just so new and unique. Coloring Book is still unique and undeniably Chance but it's just *censored*ing good not really like game changing imo. Listening to it makes me happy af though and I'm pretty sure that's the sound Chance wants. But I also heavily enjoyed some of the darker moments of Acid Rap and this doesn't really have those. So I guess my only critique I have right now is its too happy all the time, so not a bad criticism to get.

Oh and All Night is a mega banger. One of the catchiest songs I've heard in a while.

Ok I take it back, Coloring Book has grown on me to be better than Acid Rap, and is up there with GKMC and TPAB for best hip hop release of the past five years

That's quite a statement to make, I mean it is definitely unique and different like Kendricks projects are. What makes you say that it is in the same league as GKMC and TPAB?

Ok I take it back, Coloring Book has grown on me to be better than Acid Rap, and is up there with GKMC and TPAB for best hip hop release of the past five years

That's quite a statement to make, I mean it is definitely unique and different like Kendricks projects are. What makes you say that it is in the same league as GKMC and TPAB?

I just actually think it did what it set out to do perfectly. It is a fresh and unique album like Kendrick's, while it doesn't necessarily tell an overarching story it does maintain a cohesive sound and concept throughout it's entirety, both of them are using their platform to spread positivity, Kendrick's rapping is a little better but I think Chance has better melodies, there isn't a single song I feel like skipping while listening and I have already gone out of my way to listen to every song on their on it's own at one point or another, every song is produced well, every feature on the album was used perfectly, and quite simply the way it makes you feel can't be overlooked. I don't really see any flaws in it tbh. Maybe some minor preference differences but there wasn't a single objectively bad decision made for the album imo.

Archived