Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Album is pretty good, anybody expecting Drake to drop a huge game changing album is obviously going to be disappointed, but I like how the album turned out

I would expect for someone at the level Drake's at that he would give us a game changing album. The fact that he isn't capable of doing so says a lot about how manufactured he is.

Don't get the reaction to this album at all really. People who aren't into it are criticising it for not being as good as Take Care or game changing. People these days are too desperate to rank an artists' albums and compare similar projects, why can't *Censored*s just appreciate the music without the mindset that every album a rapper drops has to change the game...

First song in, and so far so good. I was listening to the beginnings of the song, like chorus and bit of the first verses, when I was putting the songs on my itunes. When I was doing that, honestly, I enjoyed everything I heard, some more than other, but still. I'm giving it a full listen, so, I might change my opinion by the end. And this post.

Don't get the reaction to this album at all really. People who aren't into it are criticising it for not being as good as Take Care or game changing. People these days are too desperate to rank an artists' albums and compare similar projects, why can't *Censored*s just appreciate the music without the mindset that every album a rapper drops has to change the game...

Yeah, I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm not saying if it's not a game changing album, I would be disappointed with it; as long as it's good music, I would acknowledge it as a good album.

But you can't go into this not expecting progression or a purely hot product. This is Drake we're talking about, it's like when you go into a Kendrick album nowadays.

The biggest problem with this album is that this is a Drake that doesn't have to prove anything to anybody. It doesn't feel he went into this album with the intention of making it his best album yet because he knows people will love it anyway. As a big Drake fan, this shit was really disappointing, enjoyable, but disappointing. It would have been better if he rapped more and if some of the songs didn't make the album.

The biggest problem with this album is that this is a Drake that doesn't have to prove anything to anybody. It doesn't feel he went into this album with the intention of making it his best album yet because he knows people will love it anyway. As a big Drake fan, this shit was really disappointing, enjoyable, but disappointing. It would have been better if he rapped more and if some of the songs didn't make the album.

Why does he need to make albums to prove anything to anyone? The guy has made his breakthrough albums, his albums which changed other artists styles and now he's just making quality music.

Every rapper has to be judged on if it's changed the game or it has something to prove. It's literally the only genre in music where it's just that way, it's crazy.

Why does he need to make albums to prove anything to anyone? The guy has made his breakthrough albums, his albums which changed other artists styles and now he's just making quality music.

Every rapper has to be judged on if it's changed the game or it has something to prove. It's literally the only genre in music where it's just that way, it's crazy.

None of that is what I'm saying. I brought up his not needing to prove anything to say that this album felt lackluster, like there was a lack of effort. He doesn't have to prove anything, but is it wrong for fans to expect him to best foot forward for every album release? I think it's common sense for fans to want or expect his best album yet, to expect growth and progression. Kanye and Jay are both legends with nothing to prove yet people still have strong arguments for different albums being their best album and Kanye is still dropping shit trying to make these arguments even harder.

Drake showed his complacency on this album. It's not a horrible album by any means but I've heard better from him, and this is the first album of his where I felt like there were just downright awful songs on it. Drake didn't have to do anything new but he didn't even hit the mark on the shit he already does. He fell short. Production overpowered his performance on a lot of the songs.

I don't see where anybody said that its bad because it didn't change the game or that it had nothing to prove.

Ok wait wtf Untitled 07 (Levitate) was produced by Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats' son, WHO IS *censored*ING FIVE YEARS OLD. Why is no one talking about this

We all did on Twitter tbh.

Yup.

Chance 3 is bout to be insane especially considering how much he's grown from Acid Rap which was also really *censored*ing good.

Ok wait wtf Untitled 07 (Levitate) was produced by Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats' son, WHO IS *censored*ING FIVE YEARS OLD. Why is no one talking about this

We all did on Twitter tbh.

Their son produced the second part of that track not the first song with the 'levitate' hook. Still, that's impressive for a five year old.

Archived