Hip Hop Thread

Anyone catch the YEEZY Season 3 stream on Tidal and if so,how was it?

My stream bugged out every now and then, but what was the album sounded promising. Wasn't the biggest fan of the autotune on it, but the instrumental arrangements sounded AMAZING.

I highly doubt it will be shit, I mean I'm just going off the tracks he released and there all pretty good

I can't lie, 30 Hours sounds kind of wack from first listen. Kanye is flowing on it, but the song just feels so rushed.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone catch the YEEZY Season 3 stream on Tidal and if so,how was it?

My stream bugged out every now and then, but what was the album sounded promising. Wasn't the biggest fan of the autotune on it, but the instrumental arrangements sounded AMAZING.

I highly doubt it will be shit, I mean I'm just going off the tracks he released and there all pretty good

I can't lie, 30 Hours sounds kind of wack from first listen. Kanye is flowing on it, but the song just feels so rushed.

I actually thought 30 Hours was not bad, nothing special but not bad

Fuuuck Tidal. It only streaming on Tidal exclusively for a whole week and only being sold on Kanye's website. I'll just wait for a link lol.

I can mess with Ultra Light Beams. Chance snapped on it and it has the old school soul Kanye feel.

FOUND THE ALBUM LET'S CHECK THIS OUT

Listening all the way through rn. So far through 4 songs. ULB hella good, Father Stretch My Hands is meh. Famous is solid.

Pretty solid album. Much better than Yeezus lol. And much better than the album cover led me to believe. Only like 2 or 3 songs I actually just think are bad. About 5 songs I really enjoy and a few others could grow on me.

My opinion is that every song is at least very good bar maybe Waves which I'm not keen on. There's a few instant classics, I liked Yeezus but it's definitely better lyrically though I guess that's never really what you judge Ye albums on. What I will say is there isn't much natural flow between songs, doesn't seem like there's much of a theme/story to the album, it's just a mash of a lot of individual tracks which I guess is to be expected when the amount of tracks changes from 9 to 19 or whatever it is/was. One track is full on gospel shit then right away its into something trappy. Not that it really bothers me at all but I know a lot of people get irked by stuff like that.

Yeah it really is lacking in flow/concept, especially for a Kanye album. Most songs sounded pretty similar though. I didn't think there were really any "instant classics" bar maybe UBL and No More Parties. Maybe Wolves too idk. Father Stretch my Hands (both parts) is definitely the weakest song for me. Andre 3K also had the most underutilized feature of all time lol.

ULB is definitely the best song on there.

I'm guessing the album was a lot more focused when it was at 10-12 tracks. Even despite that, it feels like the album is supposed to end at Wolves, and Silver Surfer - Fade are all bonus tracks.

Some songs I could have done without. He should have kept Vic's part on Wolves. Facts is a LOT better than the original though.

Just finished listening to TLOP all the way through and it's just alright to me. Like Newhouse mentioned, nothing great but not garbage either. All the songs he released early are the ones I like the most (Real Friends, No More Parties in LA, and 30 hours). FML and Father Stretch My Hands are good too. Decent album off 1st listen. Gotta give it a few more spins.

Yeah, so here I go. Off of first listen, I'm actually with the rest of you.

Haha, I was worried of coming on here and seeing the insanely positive reaction I saw on my Twitter feed because I hate being that buzzkill guy, and not to say I even disliked The Life of Pablo on first listen or anything. I will say Kanye is definitely a genius, this album has a lot of wonderful layers to it...it's just that it feels way too incoherent, and transient for many songs to give me the same emotional resonance a song like U.L.B does. Or Waves, even though I wish Ye actually spat a proper verse on that.

The new FACTS has an awesome beat. Wolves feels kind of empty and hollow without Sia, for me, and Frank's vocals weren't all that although the ending as a whole is lovely.

I kinda crapped all over 30 Hours a little, too: in the context of the album, it shows off some of his better flows. But man, the dude let a female spin him on his best record but didn't want 3Stacks to get his too :lol:

Archived