Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never posted in here I don't think but why not? Going to start off with my opinion on the Summer Sixteen track. I really enjoyed the track and thought it was great, really dig the aggressive side of Drake a bit more lately. The hook is what I didn't enjoy a lot, but it definitely grew on me as the song went on. The shots he took were simple and effective, really wasn't needed but that's the theme of the song. Overall really good song, catchy too. Crazy that it's already being played at Basketball games and shit.

What I found weird was Meek Mill dropping the 4/4 Part 2 after. Not the fact that he dropped it but one of the songs was a DIRECT response to Summer Sixteen, this was dropped about 15 minutes after Drake's song. Either Meek is that nice with it or Drake has a snake in his camp.

Hello though.

Gonna drop some new Dizzy Wright in here...

I'd like to see him get on a good record label since Funk Volume broke up.

Yeah for sure man, him and Jarren Benton were the most talented from FV

Hopsin, Jarren and Dizzy are so good. I still wonder what they saw in SwizZz. I get annoyed every time I hear his voice on a song.

Hopsin, Jarren and Dizzy are so good. I still wonder what they saw in SwizZz. I get annoyed every time I hear his voice on a song.

Hopsin is talented, but his production was shit imo, some of his lyrics were corny too. Ill Mind of Hopsin series was really good tho especially his first one. Agree about SwizZz, I'd legit skip his verse on every song FW did together.

Hopsin is talented, but his production was shit imo, some of his lyrics were corny too. Ill Mind of Hopsin series was really good tho especially his first one. Agree about SwizZz, I'd legit skip his verse on every song FW did together.

I agree. I've only listened to a handful of Hopsin songs, I loved Hop is Back and I think it was Hip Hop Sinister. But yeah, he's a superb talent that doesn't yet know how to make consistently good songs.

Or not even that, he may be onto a fantastic concept (like the Ill Minds of Hopsin song tackling religion) but he comes off, like, super-aggressive and/or barely nuanced.

Like somebody with a head-beating opinion, yet that viewpoint lacks the depth of a Kendrick or Killer Mike to really stick or make good sense sometimes.

Hopsin is just way too condescending for me to ever take his message remotely seriously. He just comes off as that high schooler that just became an atheist and *censored*ing shoves it down your throat and thinks he's a better person for being a "deep thinker" and not drinking/smoking. He isn't a bad rapper but I just can't listen to him anymore. Even if I do agree with some of the things he says he approaches it in the most stereotypical neckbeard way possible.

Hopsin is just way too condescending for me to ever take his message remotely seriously. He just comes off as that high schooler that just became an atheist and *censored*ing shoves it down your throat and thinks he's a better person for being a "deep thinker" and not drinking/smoking. He isn't a bad rapper but I just can't listen to him anymore. Even if I do agree with some of the things he says he approaches it in the most stereotypical neckbeard way possible.

Couldn't have said it any better tbh.

Hopefully Jarren Benton does something dope, he was the best in the group and it wasn't even close.

Evol keeps Future's hot streak going. My favourite is Lil' Haiti Baby. Normally I don't like the prototypical 'bangers', but that little change in delivery for Future sells it for me. Kinda reminds me of Master P on BMF, slightly off beat, I dig it.

Archived