Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many diff. types of music covered in both parts of REVIEW 'EM ALL DEC '15, so didn't know where to post it:

Part 1

Part 2

And the Tour De Force Best of 2015 list! Considering that I opened up my blog around March-ish, there were some projects I missed out on but I'm kind of happy with the outcome. Hoping 2016 continues the streak of fantastic music!

Best of 2015

----------------------

Also, forgot to ask, if we haven't made a list of personal favourite hip-hop artists this year, who would be in everybody's top 5 or 10?

Nah I trust Kanye enough to drop a good album. He's been working on this album for longer than he did MBDTF.

Just because it's been a longer stretch doesn't mean he has worked on it more. Could just as easily mean it is taking so long because he isn't working on it as hard.

Didn't think anyone did since no one brought it up in here...but yeah album is good

Tracks that get the most spins from me:

Crutches, Crosses, Caskets

Intro

Untouchable

Sunshine

Push always was hit or miss on his beat selection but it was mostly hits on this one. I can't for the life of me get into that "Got Em Covered" track tho and Timbo produced it. "Yuugh!"

(Yeah I know beats aren't everything but it's a big influence for me engaging in a song, even for a lyricist like Pusha)

Nah I trust Kanye enough to drop a good album. He's been working on this album for longer than he did MBDTF.

Just because it's been a longer stretch doesn't mean he has worked on it more. Could just as easily mean it is taking so long because he isn't working on it as hard.

Exactly my thoughts. He's admitted to investing so much time, money and effort into his fashion ventures that it makes sense, as to why his album's been long-delayed.

Plus I'm not being funny but considering that we haven't seen much solo material from him since Yeezus; you'd naturally expect better from him than "FACTS".

Anyone listen to Pusha's latest album yet? Is it good? I gotta peep at it soon as I recently found out it came out.

In my opinion, it's lyrically his best project yet. Instrumentally, I loved MNIMN far more but I don't mind the somewhat subdued, darker production.

Also, I may be the only one that loves the shit out of Got 'Em Covered. That beat is awesome as hell, Timbo's a beast.

Archived