Hip Hop Thread

I still need to take it in properly some more times, but In The Bag, 100 Grandkids, Brand Name and even Two Matches (mainly because of Ab-Soul's verse, holy *censored*) are my top favourites.

Also, with Future, I haven't listened to him enough to give a judgment but I guess...I haven't been interested enough to check out his solo stuff, from what you can tell. I'll give this mixtape a listen, though, could surprise me in a good way.

No Clubhouse??? Best song IMO

It's okay, but I think it kind of falls into the background a little. Bit of a weaker point for me, personally.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really I'm the plug really I'm the plug ???

I like the project for what it is, probably wouldn't put it in my top 5 of the year but there are some very dope tracks on here.

Anyway, I'm hyped for the upcoming Young Thug album, didn't like Slime Season that much but I think he'll deliver on this one.. Barter 6 is still one of my favourite joints of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFgf7smIifs

If the style's already largely identifiable and copied, how has he popularised it? He's only become popular off of what other people have done (and off of what others have done better).

That was not what I said. What I meant to say is that he was one of the main figures that popularized a style that was THEN largely copied. Meaning after him, people started identifying with him and copying that style. The rest is your opinion, and I don't really care, but I just wanted to clear up that part.

Also, Big Rings is my favourite song on the tape and it isn't even close.

Archived