Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure Tyga at this point has run out of lives and is about to hit the Game Over screen real quick.

Meek now saying he busy touring and will be in the studio soon, man *Censored* off, that diss has to be extra good or just retire, this is why the Sixers suck dick

Yooo chill on dem Sixers

Meek's fault. Destroying everything Allen Iverson and Will Smith had built.

This feud is ridiculous. Drake uses writers, no shit. Not ghostwriters, writers, because this Quentin Miller guy is credited in all the songs he contributed to. Plus, guess who also uses writers? Meek Mill. AND Nicki. AND Kanye. AND Kendrick. AND Eminem. And the list goes on. Also, the reference tracks only have snippets of lyrics. So Drake is taking SOME lyrics from Quentin Miller. So what? He's paying or crediting the guy to do just that! And also it doesn't mean he isn't writing anything, because it's only some parts of the songs released. There's no shame to be had on Drake's side IMO. I won't lie, if there were proof that Quentin or others wrote Drake entire songs, I wouldn't like it, because I still like to think that rap is a very personal genre and I would like to know that artists have their own voice. But that does not seem to be the case.

Changing subjects, I'm digging Gunplay's album quite a bit.

From TMZ

"Meek Mill can't get a break this week ... after getting trashed for his tepid Drake diss song, he's now in the crosshairs of of The Undertaker over the wrestler's famous ring entrance song.

Meek sampled The Taker's signature bells in the diss track, and the WWE is not amused. A spokesperson tells TMZ, "WWE takes its intellectual property rights very seriously, and we're looking into the matter."

The timing is sure bad ... the WWE is in no mood for clowning, given the tragic death of Rowdy Roddy Piper."

Archived