Hip Hop Thread

Hmmm...Kanye on repeat.

I think I'd rather pour fire ants in my ear.

Ha.

He can't exactly hold a candle to a Pharoahe Monch on the mic but I find a certain charm to his rapping and I like the honesty in his lyrics. I didn't at first, one of the things that put me off him but, as I said, he grew on me.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just want opinions on this specific topic. In the "Rap is the new wrestling topic" in the WWE Universe section, fellow user Generations said this:

"I listen to plenty of hip-hop...Kanye West has a total of about two songs that are even worth listening to. But, that isn't the focus of the discussion in this topic, so...let's suppose we just move right along."

?How many people actually agree with this or disagree. Figured it would be a great place to discuss it.

Regarding who said it, it's pretty much a given I disagree. But yeah, seriously, I disagree, he's amazing. Not a fan of everything he put out so far but noone who's remotely sane can argue his artistic qualities.

Yeah, but I still give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Because I know preference is a big part of liking something or someone but I just would love people to remove their personal bias and give credit where it's due.

Well...this is going about as well as I thought things would go on a wrestling forum, talking about Kanye West, in the Hip-Hop topic...which is why I will refer back to my initial statement about not caring. I'll leave everyone now to discuss the finer points of Kanye West.

Well...this is going about as well as I thought things would go on a wrestling forum, talking about Kanye West, in the Hip-Hop topic...which is why I will refer back to my initial statement about not caring. I'll leave everyone now to discuss the finer points of Kanye West.

I'm not eve sure what this means dude. But ok, wasn't trying to cause you to be upset or anything. Just thought it would be a good discussion to have...

I love both Yeezus and TPAB because they both push the boundaries of what hip hop is.

I don't think that's true for either album lol. I love TPAB but the funk hip hop has been around since like Snoop. And Yeezus didn't really do anything new either. New for Kanye maybe, but not revolutionary to music.

I don't think there have been many (current, or recent) hip hop acts that have gone down the soul/funk and jazz rap route, as strongly as Kendrick did with TPAB.

Is it completely innovative? No, but saying it's still around is kind of questionable. At least when we're talking about the sound Kendrick shoots for, on his album.

Archived