Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Censored* Em x3

Okay, I'm listening to OG Maco so I just had to post this. I guess this is my first entry in the hip hop thread, so hey guys. :D

Anyways, I know you guys saw me rock the Kendrick avi for the past 2 weeks. I randomly decided to listen to To Pimp A Butterfly for the 30th time on my way to school and it's still perfect. From front to back, it's just so amazing. I don't know how anyone could compare it to GKMC. GKMC was Kendrick telling a story of his adolescence, TPAB is Kendrick telling the TRUTH about America today. It's a masterpiece. It may not have a whole bunch of "bangers" but that's not Kendrick. He makes messages in music and it's very crisp. I can easily bump and singalong to his album like it's Migos or something. Probably my one of my favorite albums ever tbh.

Only thing i could without is the first interlude, completely skippable but it's fun to listen to sometimes. It still has a message in it lol.

I think TPAB has a lot more songs that can be listened to randomly and on their own than gkmc. To be completely honest, the only song I actually liked for just the song itself was Swimming Pools. But then again, I'm in the minority in generally not liking that album a whole lot.

I think TPAB has a lot more songs that can be listened to randomly and on their own than gkmc. To be completely honest, the only song I actually liked for just the song itself was Swimming Pools. But then again, I'm in the minority in generally not liking that album a whole lot.

Really? It's the other way around for me.

Really? It's the other way around for me.

Yeah, I think I've posted that in the unpopular music thread before. I really don't like most of gkmc. I mean, I don't think it's terrible, I just think it's very average for the most part. For me it' TPAB > Secion 80 > gkmc

Poetic Justice? Real? The Recipe?

Probably unpopular, but Wesley's Theory is my favorite song on TPAB. Followed by These Walls and King Kunta, but those are interchangeable.

I'm the opposite when it comes to TPAB, whenever I put that on I wanna listen to the album as a whole. GKMC I can pick songs from.

Probably unpopular, but Wesley's Theory is my favorite song on TPAB. Followed by These Walls and King Kunta, but those are interchangeable.

Poetic Justice is okay to me, I like Real and dislike The Recipe.

I wonder if it's because it was overplayed because that's how I feel about Swimming Pools. One of those decent songs turned single and gets overplayed. I didn't know The Recipe was a single until after I listened to the album after time.

Nah, not for me. His really wasn't on the charts much around here when the album hit. I exclusively listened to his stuff from when I read about it on here or when I decided to put it on in iTunes myself. Plus, I definitely overplayed the shit out of Swimming Pools and still like it. :lol: I just think it sounds boring and generic for the most part.

I actually disliked Swimming Pools at first listen. A lot. But then it grew on me pretty heavy. I don't love it to death, but it's a good song; I seemed to be swept away by the ending to the extended version on the album more than the foundation of it.

Poetic Justice & BDKMV are blah. The Recipe's awesome, Black Boy Fly is awwwwesome, Collect Calls is okay.

I'm the opposite when it comes to TPAB, whenever I put that on I wanna listen to the album as a whole. GKMC I can pick songs from.

Yeah, I must say I did try listening to songs off of TPAB but it didn't feel as fulfilling, nor exciting, as listening to the entire record front to back.

As to shuffling the LP, I will never do that. Wouldn't even dare.

I cant even remember Black Boy Fly and Collect Calls.

I don't even think I paid that much attention to g.k.m.c. beyond those actual two tracks. I had a period where I kept listening to Backseat Freestyle, but that ended within a week. Swimming PoolSwimmi(*Censored* this goddamn mobile piece of shit) Swimming Pools. Same opinion as Naka. Disliked it at first, really liked it when looking into it, especially the second part of the song, which really lasted way too short for me.

Sing About Me was a great song that referenced Section.80, but looking back at gkmc, I don't think I really liked the album as a whole that much, but I was so happy with Kendrick's breakthrough because of it, that I kind of ignored it and was satisfied with whatever I got iI (goddamn phone glitch again). Satisfied with what ever I got out of it.

And I sort of pretended Cartoon & Cereal was a part of the albumlist and I like that song over any other gkmc track and maybe even every other Kendrick track in general.

Nah, not for me. His really wasn't on the charts much around here when the album hit. I exclusively listened to his stuff from when I read about it on here or when I decided to put it on in iTunes myself. Plus, I definitely overplayed the shit out of Swimming Pools and still like it. :lol: I just think it sounds boring and generic for the most part.

Are you saying nobody here was talking about GKMC when it was coming out? Because that's the least true thing I've ever read lol. I know for a fact at least me and LIO were saying it was going to be one of the best albums of our generation before it even came out. Kendrick has been one of the main topics here since HiiiPower really.

Are you saying nobody here was talking about GKMC when it was coming out? Because that's the least true thing I've ever read lol. I know for a fact at least me and LIO were saying it was going to be one of the best albums of our generation before it even came out. Kendrick has been one of the main topics here since HiiiPower really.

I actually said I only heard about his stuff on here bro.

I meant that he wasn't played on the charts/radio over here when gkmc hit.

I cant even remember Black Boy Fly and Collect Calls.

I don't even think I paid that much attention to g.k.m.c. beyond those actual two tracks. I had a period where I kept listening to Backseat Freestyle, but that ended within a week. Swimming PoolSwimmi(*Censored* this goddamn mobile piece of shit) Swimming Pools. Same opinion as Naka. Disliked it at first, really liked it when looking into it, especially the second part of the song, which really lasted way too short for me.

Sing About Me was a great song that referenced Section.80, but looking back at gkmc, I don't think I really liked the album as a whole that much, but I was so happy with Kendrick's breakthrough because of it, that I kind of ignored it and was satisfied with whatever I got iI (goddamn phone glitch again). Satisfied with what ever I got out of it.

And I sort of pretended Cartoon & Cereal was a part of the albumlist and I like that song over any other gkmc track and maybe even every other Kendrick track in general.

"Sing About Me" is an absolutely stellar song. At first listen, "Dying of Thirst" just gripped me immediately because of the urgent production, lyrics and inflections all used but then the first half grew on me pretty well and quickly too.

I loved how creative and original the song was, in terms of the 3 perspectives used. It wasn't the most original, the conversational style has been done before in the form of songs such as "Stan" but Kendrick used it in his own way which I thought was dope.

Tbh, GKMC was my first Kendrick album I listened to so it wasn't really like I had any expectations going into the project from prior work or w/e. Oh, and I was real sad Cartoon & Cereal didn't make the cut.

Apparently, it was pretty close too. Would've been great as the first bonus song off the deluxe ed.

Poetic Justice is okay to me, I like Real and dislike The Recipe.

:cry::???::surrender: *clutches pearls*

Archived