Another Hall Of Fame Ring Sold

delete

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271833073584

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, I saw Lyriqz post it somewhere else and he's active here right? So it probably has been posted somewhere, if it has feel free to close mods :)

The late Paul Bearer’s (William Moody) 2013 WWE Hall of Fame ring is currently listed on eBay for sale.

The listing has the ring starting at a $22,000 asking price, and features the following description:

This is a 100% authentic WWE Hall of Fame Ring.
It was acquired though a family member after Bearers death in 2013.

Proof of purchase and images are available to serious buyers.

Btw, it's been sold now.

Apparently Paul Bearer's son that's still alive has sold his fathers Hall of Fame ring due to major financial problems. If this is true, I understand that he may be struggling with money. But I think selling his fathers ring is quite low and it shouldn't have been done.

Not at all who I was expecting. I'm quite surprised tbh.

Like the article says, money issues are one thing...but that ring symbolizes the pinnacle of Bearer's career. If it was me, I would have sold anything else before selling the ring. Hell, if they started an indigogo or something, people probably would have helped them out. Hopefully the ring went to a good home.

Stupid way to sell it.

Ebay and Paypal fees will take a good 15% of that.

Shouldn't have sold it... but hopefully it'll go to someone that will treat it with the respect it deserves.

When and if there is ever a physical hall of fame, I hope WWE tracks down and purchases the rings that were sold off. Because, that's where they belong...and come on, WWE could afford to cut a check for 20 or 30k to bring a ring back home. Especially if they're going to be making money off it in a physical building.

Not at all who I was expecting. I'm quite surprised tbh.

Like the article says, money issues are one thing...but that ring symbolizes the pinnacle of Bearer's career. If it was me, I would have sold anything else before selling the ring. Hell, if they started an indigogo or something, people probably would have helped them out. Hopefully the ring went to a good home.

Yeah I agree :( Everyone knows about Abdullah The Butcher selling his ring right? I thought that was quite bad as well. The ring symbolizes an individual's whole career, if I was a superstar who had earnt one I would see no greater achievement. There's literally nothing left to do after being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Selling the ring would be an absolute last resort, if this story is true I hope it was the absolute last option Daniel was left with.

Hell, he could have pawned it and made an attempt to buy it back later. Selling it outright is literally the very last option. I won't judge the family's decision though. And as for Abdullah, he's just a piece of shit all around. He never should have had a ring to begin with.

I think if you sell your ring, you should be taken out of the Hall of Fame. Abdullah for sure, I don't think he should've even be in the HoF in the first place. In this case, Paul shouldn't be because it wasn't his own decision.

I think the last time I felt this sad about something like this, was on that show "American Restoration", when this guy brought an old airforce helmet to be refurbished. It had all of these cool designs painted on it from back in the day, and was a real personal gem...and it belonged to his grandfather or something. He just had it restored to factory-condition. Which made it nothing special at all. I was legitimately angry when I was watching that. At least in this instance, the ring still exists as a part of history...and the person who bought it will presumably keep it that way.

That's sad to hear. They must be having some major financial issues to take that step, because I doubt anyone would do away with such a precious symbol of a family member's legacy in the instance of a minor setback. That stuff's priceless, but I guess it made sense from the viewpoint of his son.

Nah, I didn't post it here. I think it is sad as well but in the end, Paul Bearer is dead, he doesn't know he's in the Hall Of Fame, he has no use for the ring. If it helped the son, more power to him. Still... I'm a little sentimental about it for sure.

I highly doubt someone would pay that much money for something only to disrespect it.

You never know with people. They might want to wear it around as an actual ring...which might lead to it being lost, damaged, stolen, etc. Sometimes people who have a lot of money don't put the same value on things that other people do.

I highly doubt someone would pay that much money for something only to disrespect it.

You never know with people. They might want to wear it around as an actual ring...which might lead to it being lost, damaged, stolen, etc. Sometimes people who have a lot of money don't put the same value on things that other people do.

Could be a collector that builds his own little museum of sorts though. You know those people who buy and collect these rare things of a certain thing and then neatly display them in their house etc. I would totally do that if I could afford it even though I'm not sure what I'd chose to collect. :lol:

It's always been a dream of mine to be one of those people. But I realize at this point in my life, it will never happen. I mean...I'm only 26, but I don't have the tolerance for the "real world" that would allow me to be rich and "successful" enough to afford such a lifestyle.

It's always been a dream of mine to be one of those people. But I realize at this point in my life, it will never happen. I mean...I'm only 26, but I don't have the tolerance for the "real world" that would allow me to be rich and "successful" enough to afford such a lifestyle.

Statistically, most millionairs become wealthy after they turned 50, I think. So there's hope. \0/

But yeah, I do think this is bought by a real wrestling fanatic who will treat it well.

Well, you use money to buy things. Presumably, this is when you "show people" that you have money. Hence, if you don't buy anything (to reduce the risk of people knowing that you have money)...then what is the point in having money? Just to have it?

I'm all for not walking down the street looking like Ted Dibiase...but you made it sound like you wouldn't buy anything at all.

Archived