• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly because him winning the US championship was a memorable moment. It was seen as a successful culmination of the Ryder Revolution. The next two champions were Jack Swagger and Santino Marella. Jack Swagger instantly lost the championship and Santino's title reign might as well have been nonexistent.

So yeah, I claim that Ryder lowered the prestige of the US championship. He unintentionally triggered a chain of events which had resulted in the US championship being a meaningless object until a few months ago when Rusev won it.

How is the fact that Santino and Swagger had bad runs Ryder's fault? You can't blame the previous champion for the next ones having bad runs. Might as well blame CM Punk for Rock's shitty titke run in 2013, since Rock beat Punk for the belt.

#ReleaseRyder

#ReleaseCesaro

Ryder was another superstar to lower the US title prestige

You being a U.S. Citizen lowers the U.S. Prestige
Isn't Creep British?

Yes I am lmfao

That's just stupid.

...but I think you're joking.

I wasn't being that serious tbf I was just messing. I dont even remember much about that time.

I wish Ryder was a midcarder in WWE. I like him and he's good enough to add to a good midcard. But then again, WWE seems to love generic people over distinct characters for their midcard, so I'm not surprised at his (or Slater's, or Dallas's etc.) misuse.

Why not have Ryder as a midcarder? I don't understand it. He's still over, popular, he's okay in the ring and he's got a different gimmick. WWE keeps some people on their midcard that no one gives a shit about, yet they don't use Ryder who people still somewhat care about. Even his Royal Rumble pop was good. Stupid.

Because Vince don't care about the midcard in general. WWE just keeps who they already have there and use everyone else as jobbers.

Because Vince don't care about the midcard in general.

No, because if he did, the midcard titles would have more prestige than they currently do, hopefully the rumors of WWE adding prestige to them after Wrestlemania is true, because things would be more interesting if there were more titles being featured, especially with WWE Champion Brock Lesnar being part time.

If you seriously think Ryder is anything other than lower midcard.... you are kidding yourself.

Thank you. Thinking that Ryder could ever be anything more is like saying Scotty 2 Hotty could have been a main eventer and trust me he was more over than Ryder

Yes. That Woo Woo Woo thing isn't nearly as over as W-O-R-M! Don't bring up his social media followers because that doesn't measure overness, Scotty was way more over in 2000-2001 than Ryder has ever been

Not really. Like, not even remotely.

Yes. That Woo Woo Woo thing isn't nearly as over as W-O-R-M! Don't bring up his social media followers because that doesn't measure overness, Scotty was way more over in 2000-2001 than Ryder has ever been

I wasn't going to. When have people ever chanted for Scotty during a Rock promo? They did for Zack at Survivor Series 2011. The chants were so loud Rock was forced to acknowledge them. Scotty was a midcard fixture during WWE's most popular time. Zack is enhancement talent during a low point in WWE's history, and he still got a great pop that rivaled guys like Ambrose & Ziggler at the Rumble this year. Not to mention Attitude era crowds on the whole are far louder than the crowds of today, of course it looks like Scotty would be more over.

You being a U.S. Citizen lowers the U.S. Prestige

LOL

anyway Ryder was pretty over and he was screwed over when Swagger killed him

I don't think he would've lasted much longer and would've eventually dropped back down to where he is

WWE were harsh with him though, shoving him back down quickly.

As for the US title chase, yes it was good but World title is pushing it.

Archived