• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zack Ryder just didn't have the gimmick to get over. Come to think of it, his burial started when Brodus Clay made his re-debut. Maybe they just wanted another goofball. With that said, it can't be denied that he was massively over. I personally didn't understand his appeal. Maybe people related to him.

Why should we be the ones to decide his future? Maybe he hasn't caught his big break yet, but being in the WWE is his dream. You can't just assume he wants to be released to go wrestle in a half ass wrestling company against half assed wrestlers.

Zack Ryder just didn't have the gimmick to get over. Come to think of it, his burial started when Brodus Clay made his re-debut. Maybe they just wanted another goofball. With that said, it can't be denied that he was massively over. I personally didn't understand his appeal. Maybe people related to him.

wat

wat
In the sense that he wouldn't have been seen as a legitimate main-eventer. That gimmick wouldn't have worked if he was chasing world championships. That's why people also think he lowered the prestige of the US title, especially after Ziggler had a decent run with it. He was basically Santino Marella in 2008.

wat

In the sense that he wouldn't have been seen as a legitimate main-eventer. That gimmick wouldn't have worked if he was chasing world championships. That's why people also think he lowered the prestige of the US title, especially after Ziggler had a decent run with it.

wat

Only CHZRFan talks about Wold championship and Ziggler and decent US title run? It was one of the most underwhelming US title runs ever, if it weren't for Santino's run a little bit later, ofcourse. He wasn't even booked as US Champion. He was booked as one half of Vickie Guerrero's tag-team of Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler. Only Ryder's YouTube show gave the title any attention at that time

Look, man (HawkinsRyderFan)...we all know that you're a fanboy. You can't see objectively. We get it. Still, if Ryder was wronged by anyone, he was wronged by himself for failing to change with the times. Let's say that he has been kept down under his current gimmick...then why keep it? Why not take drastic measures and become a more serious performer? Why not ask to be sent to NXT? There are steps he could begin to take that might help him change his future. Yet, he takes none of them. In my book, that's his fault.

Here's objective:

No matter how you try and swing it...

WWE did screw the guy over. I can't see the guy as a world champion either, but he earned himself more than sporadic jobber status, but they just didn't want it. He got his ass kicked to the point where people lost faith. Even now, he does get pops when he comes out. Pops that are bigger than most mid-carders.

You may not like the guy (I'm not sure what I think of him either to be honest), but you're letting that blind you if you really mean what you're saying.

So.... what was the point of your post? I claimed that Ryder wouldn't have gotten over in the upper echelon with his gimmick because it couldn't be taken seriously. You apparently went off on a tangent about Ziggler's title reign.

Because you made a contradiction? o.o

You said that Ryder would never get over with his gimmick and then said that he WAS massivley over with that gimmick. Then you said that

he lowered the prestige of the US title, especially after Ziggler had a decent run with it

which is bollocks for two reasons...The US title has been irrelevant for years and only Ryder's chase actually made the title interesting in the slightest and secondly... Like I said...Ziggler's reign was totally forgetable. The only "decent" thing about it was it's length.

Well, I don't know if that was the general perspective, but I personally thought Ziggler had a great US title reign. He consistently defended it, emphasized the fact that he was a US champion and made it seem important, and had great matches with the likes of Punk and Orton which gave credibility to the US championship because the US champion could go toe-to-toe with the WWE champion. Can you imagine Zack Ryder having such a reign? All I remember of it is the segment with him, Bryan and Punk.

Mostly because him winning the US championship was a memorable moment. It was seen as a successful culmination of the Ryder Revolution. The next two champions were Jack Swagger and Santino Marella. Jack Swagger instantly lost the championship and Santino's title reign might as well have been nonexistent.

So yeah, I claim that Ryder lowered the prestige of the US championship. He unintentionally triggered a chain of events which had resulted in the US championship being a meaningless object until a few months ago when Rusev won it.

Well, I don't know if that was the general perspective, but I personally thought Ziggler had a great US title reign. He consistently defended it, emphasized the fact that he was a US champion and made it seem important, and had great matches with the likes of Punk and Orton which gave credibility to the US championship because the US champion could go toe-to-toe with the WWE champion. Can you imagine Zack Ryder having such a reign? All I remember of it is the segment with him, Bryan and Punk.

Which is everything that happened during his 29 (4 Raws) long title reign. One segment with Bryan & Punk, One week being injured by Kane, One week of selling the injury, One week of being a fighting champion by defending the title against Jack Swagger, while still being injured

Archived