• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether he can or can't isn't the question. He hasn't.

Are you serious? This isn't about what he has done in the past, its about what he can do.

Why don't you just leave the topic if you disagree so much.

... Some people.

Oh, so you want a topic with only people who agree with you?

That's not quite what a forum is mate :)

Whether he can or can't isn't the question. He hasn't.

Are you serious? This isn't about what he has done in the past, its about what he can do.

Why don't you just leave the topic if you disagree so much.

... Some people.

Oh, so you want a topic with only people who agree with you?

That's not quite what a forum is mate :)

I'm all for free speech, but this guy is just ignorant.

Reactions calmed down because his journey to the US title was finally over.

Same happened with Daniel Bryan and the WWE Championship.

The comparison of Ryder and Bryan is one that really needs to stop. It's laughable.

Bryan is still over as *Censored*. You'll witness that on Sunday.

It's not laughable. Both have been screwed over repeatdly by WWE. Only difference is Bryan was allowed to pick himself up with a Bray Wyatt feud and only took a few Shield beatings, Ryder on the other hand was made to look like an idiot on a weekly basis, from chasing Eve when she had kissed another dude right in front of him and acting surprised when she cost him his match and then hit in the nuts at 'Mania to getting flung off the stage wheelchair bound by Kane, and then only getting SuperStars matches.

Yes...the people all realized that they didn't want to chant for Ryder because he was shoved off stage in a wheel chair and kicked in the nuts. That is an active imagination you have there.

How about adding in the weekly Kane beatings, on top of chasing Eve when she had made out with John Cena right in front of Zack? You'd be surprised how f-word casuals are. They also took him off RAW for several months as well, only giving him SuperStars, where any pro-Ryder pops and chants could easily be edited out.

Reactions calmed down because his journey to the US title was finally over.

Same happened with Daniel Bryan and the WWE Championship.

The comparison of Ryder and Bryan is one that really needs to stop. It's laughable.

Bryan is still over as *Censored*. You'll witness that on Sunday.

Daniel Bryan is still champion?

Ignorant, why? Because I see what actually happened with Zack Ryder at face value? Because I can view the situation objectively and see that the same thing happened to him that has happened to countless others in the profession? That I don't need to blame others for his shortcomings or make up stories or excuses for his absence from the main roster?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that being champion forever was how we judged the success of a given character. I'm pretty sure Bryan never stopped being cheered, receives applause every time he is on television, has a match at Wrestlemania (for a championship), and is a different person entirely from one "Zack Ryder".

Ignorant, why? Because I see what actually happened with Zack Ryder at face value? Because I can view the situation objectively and see that the same thing happened to him that has happened to countless others in the profession? That I don't need to blame others for his shortcomings or make up stories or excuses for his absence from the main roster?

You are basing your arguement on what he has been doing, when this topic is clearly about what he can do in the future.

You also replied to a video of him trying to be more serious, with a comment saying he hasn't tried. If thats not ignorance I don't know what is.

You are basing your arguement on what he has been doing, when this topic is clearly about what he can do in the future.

Wrong, I'm responding to the claim that he has been somehow held back or wronged by others. I cannot judge what he is capable of in the future, as I do not know what the future holds. Mojo Rawley could be a 20 time world champion in the future. I don't care to discuss things that are likely to never happen.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that being champion forever was how we judged the success of a given character. I'm pretty sure Bryan never stopped being cheered, receives applause every time he is on television, has a match at Wrestlemania (for a championship), and is a different person entirely from one "Zack Ryder".

You can't see the situation objectively. You act like Zack is to blame for everything and he's a talentless hack. Zack still gets applause when he shows up, check the Rumble this year, quite a nice pop for someone who's been little more than enhancement talent for the better part of three years.

You can't see the situation objectively. You act like Zack is to blame for everything and he's a talentless hack. Zack still gets applause when he shows up, check the Rumble this year, quite a nice pop for someone who's been little more than enhancement talent for the better part of three years.

I said this when? I said that he has had a suitable career for his level of talent. My exact words were "no more and no less". He had championship reigns and he earned them. His career has now reached an end, as many others do. Whether he can start again remains to be seen, but as the present stands, he hasn't been wronged, and he doesn't deserve anything further.

Wrong, I'm responding to the claim that he has been somehow held back or wronged by others. I cannot judge what he is capable of in the future, as I do not know what the future holds. Mojo Rawley could be a 20 time world champion in the future. I don't care to discuss things that are likely to never happen.

Answer the rest of his post. Quit dodging what you can't answer. You have been implying that if given a fair chance, he will fail when history has proven the opposite.

Answer the rest of his post. Quit dodging what you can't answer. You have been implying that if given a fair chance, he will fail when history has proven the opposite.

A youtube video does not count as "trying". He should ask to be re-branded on NXT. The fact that the likes of Rhyno, Kendrick, and even Alex Riley have been given time on NXT would seem to suggest that it takes nothing more than asking for that position. Why has he not tried to rebrand himself? I believe it's because he's confident in this character he's created, which has proven that it has run its course...but like the rest of you, he seems to be incapable of seeing this for himself...so he keeps trying to breathe life into something that is dead.

A youtube video does not count as "trying". He should ask to be re-branded on NXT. The fact that the likes of Rhyno, Kendrick, and even Alex Riley have been given time on NXT would seem to suggest that it takes nothing more than asking for that position. Why has he not tried to rebrand himself? I believe it's because he's confident in this character he's created, which has proven that it has run its course...but like the rest of you, he seems to be incapable of seeing this for himself...so he keeps trying to breathe life into something that is dead.

Can you please provide a source of why you think he hasn't already tried to get into NXT?

Like the original post says, Triple H doesn't like Zack. He certainly wouldn't want him in NXT.

I said this when? I said that he has had a suitable career for his level of talent. My exact words were "no more and no less". He had championship reigns and he earned them. His career has now reached an end, as many others do. Whether he can start again remains to be seen, but as the present stands, he hasn't been wronged, and he doesn't deserve anything further.

Considering he's been used as enhancement takent you've been implying he has no talent. "Chmapionship reigns"? More like a shitty three week reign before the title was snatched away from him. Dude's only 29. Quit writing him off like he's in his 40s. As the present stands, he was shut down when he was at his most over and he hasn't had a chance to start back up again. He deserves the chance to have a push without any wheelchairs, low blows or any other executive meddling involved.

Hey, Zack Ryder tried to change once...he got that Bradley Cooper haircut one time. :P

I give up on Zack getting pushed...but the day he gets released, his shoot interviews are gonna be amazing.

So what you're saying is Triple H will gladly let a guy he hates repackage himself on Hunter's pet project? Somehow, I don't think that's happening.

Hey, Zack Ryder tried to change once...he got that Bradley Cooper haircut one time. :P

I give up on Zack getting pushed...but the day he gets released, his shoot interviews are gonna be amazing.

And that got him nowhere. :XD:

The bolded I agree with. Zack's shoots would be amazing.

I do admit the dude's been *censored*ed over but he hasn't really done himself any favors by not bothering to pick himself up and start over again. He just gave up too easily after being booked like crap, which I can't totally fault him for... but it takes a little more heart if you actually want to succeed by any means. I give him mad props and respect for bringing himself into the limelight at the time he did, but he's not the first victim of shit WWE booking and won't be the last.

It's also evident his fan support was nowhere near as strong as it initially seemed after they stopped chanting for him on getting the closure of him becoming US Champion. It went from fans chanting his name during a Rock promo to not bothering at all after he got *censored*ed over, that tells me he only was a flavour of the month (or a few months, in this case) and they wanted to see him complete his little road to triumph (which wasn't anything major) because he was the lovable underdog in the scenario. After he won the title, the fans were content and didn't care after a few weeks that he was old news.

People are taking Ricardo Rodreiguez's word as the gospel truth?

What else do we have? And why would Ricardo lie?

Bitter

And when your only argument hinges on hearsay of just one person, then something is wrong. Just saying

I don't know what Ricardo said, but a lot wrestlers have said in outside interviews that the will-to-try had been at a alltime low, after Ryder was downgraded to Superstars again

I do admit the dude's been *censored*ed over but he hasn't really done himself any favors by not bothering to pick himself up and start over again. He just gave up too easily after being booked like crap, which I can't totally fault him for... but it takes a little more heart if you actually want to succeed by any means. I give him mad props and respect for bringing himself into the limelight at the time he did, but he's not the first victim of shit WWE booking and won't be the last.

It's also evident his fan support was nowhere near as strong as it initially seemed after they stopped chanting for him on getting the closure of him becoming US Champion. It went from fans chanting his name during a Rock promo to not bothering at all after he got *censored*ed over, that tells me he only was a flavour of the month (or a few months, in this case) and they wanted to see him complete his little road to triumph (which wasn't anything major) because he was the lovable underdog in the scenario. After he won the title, the fans were content and didn't care after a few weeks that he was one news.

He has tried to pivk himself up with shows like Last ReZort, but he hasn't given the time to make anything stick. As for fan reactions? That's sonething that's always been a part of wrestling. Once a guy has gotten the belt his reactions drop, it happened to Ryder, it happened to Bryan, it even (slightly) happened to Sami Zayn. He's still pretty popular, he got a nice pop at the Rumble this year considering the position he's been in for the last few years.

People are taking Ricardo Rodreiguez's word as the gospel truth?

What else do we have? And why would Ricardo lie?

Bitter

And when your only argument hinges on hearsay of just one person, then something is wrong. Just saying

I don't know what Ricardo said, but a lot wrestlers have said in outside interviews that the will-to-try had been at a alltime low, after Ryder was downgraded to Superstars again

That's not quite what I am talking about. Talking about Ricardo saying that Triple H apparently hates Ryder's guts

Archived