If that's true then why would people have liked him in the first place?

Because people like goofballs. Doesn't mean they should be pushed as champions...which is why his momentum died. Santino was loved for a period of his career as well. Still, nobody wanted him to be a major contender for anything.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole "TNA is just for WWE rejects" shtick is old and untrue considering how well they are utilising EC3 and Bram, both are having a better career in TNA.

This post makes no sense

You said WWE Rejects EC3 and Bram are getting better pushes in TNA than they are in WWE...

and you said that TNA being for WWE rejects is untrue as support

what

If that's true then why would people have liked him in the first place?

Because people like goofballs. Doesn't mean they should be pushed as champions...which is why his momentum died. Santino was loved for a period of his career as well. Still, nobody wanted him to be a major contender for anything.

His momentum disn't die because he was a goofball, it died because they screqed him over time and time and time again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no such thing as too gimmicky for the World Title. If a male stripper can be a multi time world champion why can't a pary boy? Funny you mention Santino, I seem to recall him getting major pops when he almost won the Rumble and when he almost beat Daniel Bryan of all people in the Elimination Chamber.

Look, man (HawkinsRyderFan)...we all know that you're a fanboy. You can't see objectively. We get it. Still, if Ryder was wronged by anyone, he was wronged by himself for failing to change with the times. Let's say that he has been kept down under his current gimmick...then why keep it? Why not take drastic measures and become a more serious performer? Why not ask to be sent to NXT? There are steps he could begin to take that might help him change his future. Yet, he takes none of them. In my book, that's his fault.

Look, man (HawkinsRyderFan)...we all know that you're a fanboy. You can't see objectively. We get it. Still, if Ryder was wronged by anyone, he was wronged by himself for failing to change with the times. Let's say that he has been kept down under his current gimmick...then why keep it? Why not take drastic measures and become a more serious performer? Why not ask to be sent to NXT? There are steps he could begin to take that might help him change his future. Yet, he takes none of them. In my book, that's his fault.

Because there was no need for him to change his gimmick. It is what made him a crowd favourite. It's the gimmick that actually worked. Not the Edgehead, not the Major Brother. The Ryder Revolution is what made Ryder a success.

I know you hate Zack, which is why you won't see it objectively. Ryder has tried to change his gimmick in the past, check his YouTube channel, but he has never gotten the TV Time to make anything stick, not even a theme change. He could ask to be sent to NXT, doesn't mean it'll happen, especially if it's the pet project of a guy who apparaently hates him. There are steps he could try to take, but if he's shut down and told "no" at every opportunity, what can he do?

How do you know he hasn't asked to go to NXT? That's Triple H's baby, and if he doesn't like him, he won't want to take TV time away from his other projects.

We've got HRF defending Ryder like mad, we've got generations being needlessly antagonistic, and we've got a hashtag that sorry, just isn't gonna work.

Kay.

We've got HRF defending Ryder like mad, we've got generations being needlessly antagonistic, and we've got a hashtag that sorry, just isn't gonna work.

Kay.

Might not work*

Yeah, like #cancelwwenetwork, or #givedivasachance.

Hashtags don't do shit in the wrestling world.

Kay.

Might not work*

Bit too optimistic my man, as much as I like Zack, I doubt the hashtag's gonna work. Feel free to try and prove me wrong though.

Because there was no need for him to change his gimmick. It is what made him a crowd favourite. It's the gimmick that actually worked. Not the Edgehead, not the Major Brother. The Ryder Revolution is what made Ryder a success.

Wait, you mean that when he was a rookie in a tag team, that didn't put him over? Go figure. Of course his singles career is what got him a following. But that doesn't make everything black and white. He got over as a goofy comedy character...which is great for getting a spot here or there in the lower mid-card and getting a strong fan response. His overness fell off when he actually obtained the US title, because people realized that he didn't cut it as a champion.

People are entertained by Curtis Axel right now. He gets a relatively strong pop for his antics. Would you begin to suggest that people would be behind an Axelmania championship reign? Because that's the exact same situation. For all of the entertainment value, people would still prefer a legitimate champion to a joke champion.

Kay.

Might not work*

To be fair, the second one has made a slight difference. The divas are now actually getting promos and lomger matches now than before the hashtag.

Divas have been having occasional promos and longer matches every now and then

and?

I am just going to leave with this. It's inevitable that Ryder is going to get released, even JTG did eventually. Budget cuts and all that, not because of some hashtag. He might do better in TNA, Indies, or whatever, but I really don't care. In TNA, he is going to become Zachary Rider and get 3 world title reigns in a span of 4 years. Or just have a forgettable stint on the indies. Don't care either way. I stand by this video is pointless

Kay.

Might not work*

To be fair, the second one has made a slight difference. The divas are now actually getting promos and lomger matches now than before the hashtag.

For now. Give it a month or two and it'll be back to being don't show, don't tell.

And even then, I think it only got the traction it did because of AJ Lee's little... contribution to it.

Wait, you mean that when he was a rookie in a tag team, that didn't put him over? Go figure. Of course his singles career is what got him a following. But that doesn't make everything black and white. He got over as a goofy comedy character...which is great for getting a spot here or there in the lower mid-card and getting a strong fan response. His overness fell off when he actually obtained the US title, because people realized that he didn't cut it as a champion.

People are entertained by Curtis Axel right now. He gets a relatively strong pop for his antics. Would you begin to suggest that people would be behind an Axelmania championship reign? Because that's the exact same situation. For all of the entertainment value, people would still prefer a legitimate champion to a joke champion.

He can definately pull off a more serious gimmick though.

Reactions calmed down because his journey to the US title was finally over.

Same happened with Daniel Bryan and the WWE Championship.

Reactions calmed down because his journey to the US title was finally over.

Same happened with Daniel Bryan and the WWE Championship.

The comparison of Ryder and Bryan is one that really needs to stop. It's laughable.

Bryan is still over as *Censored*. You'll witness that on Sunday.

His overness fell off because he was shoved off the stage wheelchair bound by Kane, got kicked in the nuts by Eve, had his internet show taken away and was then taken off TV. His being US champion had nothing to do with it. As for Axel? I've seen people on here wanting him to win the Andre Battle Royal two nights from now.

Archived