WWE Hall of Fame 2015 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare "Mister Wrestlemania" use the word wrestler.

I don't even believe that part tbh.

i do. remember the Austin-McMahon Podcast? everytime Austin would say 'professional wrestling', Vince would stop him and say "Sports Entertainment" its obvious Vince hates wrestling.

"Regarding Kevin Nash's 2015 WWE Hall of Fame induction, the company pushed hard to have him go in as Diesel but he was not having it. Nash was correct in his speech when he said he did it "my way."

Nash wanted to go in under his real name so he could take advantage of any additional credibility that the induction might bring to his other projects. It was also said that Nash hasn't wanted to go in as Diesel for years because it's been said Diesel was one of the worst drawing WWE Champions and he didn't want to allow himself to be celebrated under the Diesel name for that reason.

On a related note, we reported earlier that WWE officials were upset with Alundra Blayze for some of the adult language used in her speech and with Shawn Michaels for using the words "strap" and "wrestler" but they were also upset with Nash. Vince McMahon and several other long-time WWE executives were not happy over the talk about how Nash helped change the wrestling business with guaranteed contracts. The feeling at the time was that WCW was trying to put WWE out of business and because Vince took it personal at the time, Nash's speech brought up a lot of old angry feelings on one of the most special nights of the year."

Source LOP

Again,grow some nuts.

The HBK and Blayze ones are *censored*ed up for sure, but I kinda get the Nash situation. Him and his ego don't want to be associated with a character that he played which drew poor ratings while he was champion. Yet he wants WWE to help him out by inducting him under his proper name to help in other projects he has going on... *Censored*! Not gonna lie... I'd also hold a grudge against him for leaving me high and dry all those years when I needed him most, especially after everything I'd done for him. Same reason I'd be pissed at Hogan, Hall and anyone else who went to WCW.

Yeah, I agree with what he said. You don't show disrespect people at the Hall of Fame, you save it for Mania. But...someone should tell Jericho you can't ban people from listening to your podcast. :lol:

But in all seriousness, what the *Censored* can they do to Shawn? Lol

Take away his camouflage vest collection.

Take his smile again.

Force him to job to Bret. Nah, too late. Pretty soon WWE is going to want to control the lives of retired former talent that is signed to a legends contract. Taker will be forced to still act like his character years after hanging up his boots. No going out, can't be seen smiling or hanging out with friends.

Take his smile again.

When did he ever get it back?? lol

When he got to kill animals on television and promote it on WWE TV. :shift:

Take his smile again.

When did he ever get it back?? lol

When he got to kill animals on television and promote it on WWE TV. :shift:

I hope PETA takes his old ass down!!!!! :benoit:

More drama

"Besides the Twitter drama with former Too Cool partner Scotty 2 Hotty, there was another issue surrounding Rikishi's WWE Hall of Fame induction as his former partner and cousin Samu wasn't invited for whatever reason.

Afa wasn't happy about this because that's his son and Roman Reigns' father Sika was also mad about Samu not being invited. WWE then invited Samu to try and keep everything cool but everyone was already in a testy mood and this was before they got upset over Reigns not winning the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 31."

Source LOP

Archived