Mewtwo: I am ARMAGEDDON!

xirtamehtsitahw

It's taken me literally YEARS to build what I now consider the perfect Mewtwo CAW. However, the results are absolutely mind-boggling--I found all sorts of tricks and shortcuts through simple heuristic experimentation (trial and error...and error...and error), which allowed me to push the CAW suite far beyond the boundaries that THQ and Yukes placed on it.

Just to create a "raw" Mewtwo CAW (as in, just the model itself) took upwards of 500 hours to finally come across a decent set of physical dimensions which convey the perfect "half-human, half-feline" appearance that Mewtwo seems to display.

Here is a list of all the modifications I had to do in order to build the "perfect" Mewtwo:

1. Deletion of underwear layers (yes, I started with a diva template)

2. Gender toggle

3. "red layer" overwriting (eyebrows and eyelashes replaced with "gloves" and "boots")

4. Emulation of a tail (by creating a tail-shaped silhouette on his back)

5. Hacked logo sizes

6. Hacked layer transparency (for proper hand, leg and foot shape)

7. Extensive moveset hacking including chain grapples, standing/strong/running strikes, running front grapple, and created finishers, plus using created finishers as signature moves

8. Hacked attributes

9. Hacked abilities

10. Maxed-out created-finisher damage

11. Created finishers themselves are hacked (normally incompatible animations spliced together to create bizarre new hybrid moves like the military-press brainbuster DDT). That move is easily the sickest driver-type move I've EVER seen. Imagine your head being driven into the mat, brainbuster-style, but from EIGHT feet up! Ow. Instant concussion. Oh, and LOTS of blood. ;)

Archived