Final Fantasy Series

Lunchbox

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, and now I literally just need the survival skill achievement to 1000G this. Worst achievement ever. What were they thinking, making it take so long? I dont usually bother with the rubber band trick for games...but I'm not about to sit here and run around for hours and hours...

I got it playing the game naturally. The way the developers intended it to be.

Also it's not worst achievement ever, I'd rather do that than 1004 finishers in one match on SvR 11. God damn that's the only oneI need on '11

Yeah...except, you really cant get it naturally. Theres no *censored*ing way. I'm calling shenanigans on anyone who claims they got it naturally. I have over 50 hours in the game, have walked plenty...and it's still the last achievement I need, and is taking forever. Comparatively to the other three skills, this one takes way longer, which makes no sense. Those four skills should all be comparably the same. Also, the gold trophies/achievements should obviously be the hardest ones to get/ones that take the longest...and they don't...all because they failed to balance this shit.

SHould have either made it a much smaller number of steps, or made it so that things like food scavenging also improved the surivival skill...or done both of those things. There's not even anything inherently "survival-essenced" about walking around aimlessly...it honestly feels like yet another tacked-on feature, where they just ran out of ideas for skills and said "Uh...you can walk endlessly on the map, and we'll call it survival..." Tbh, Gladios' skill should have been called "warrior", and it should have leveled up through battle.

If you do the second half of each of the dungeons, you can probably get it up naturally (if you haven't)

I kinda doubt that.

I've done some long "walking around" sections, where I'm like "okay...that was 4 hours of walking...time to see how much the meter filled"...and it will just be like "boop" and move a fraction of a centimeter. I honestly think that anything short of continuous running, without ever stopping, is not going to be enough to ever get the achievement. You need to do more than you do naturally as you play the game. Now...if I was to run the entire distance on foot between the dungeons, and complete them...then, sure...that might be enough. Besides, I don't really consider the bonus dungeons to be "natural progression of the game" either...they're an additional thing that a lot of people probably don't bother with. Point is, all four of the skills should be relatively similar in the ease at which they unlock...and they aren't.

I honestly hate this achievement more than the GTA V cult one where you run around in the desert.

I am also stuck with the Survival trophy. I've chosen the rubber band method whilst I've been out today. Got home and now a quarter of the way done with Rank 9. Just need this, Cooking (Currently Rank 9) and then saving the Adamantoise for the plat.

Got Survival and Cooking to rank 10. I was half way into the fight with the Adamantoise when Noctis got launched out of the battle area and the stupid battle got reset... Seriously **** this BS :mad:

I was half way into the fight with the Adamantoise when Noctis got launched out of the battle area and the stupid battle got reset... Seriously **** this BS :mad:

Lol...really? That sucks a lot. I would have rage quit.

Must have been a crazy glitch or something for him to get launched that far. The battle area for the Adamantoise is *censored*ing huge.

I was half way into the fight with the Adamantoise when Noctis got launched out of the battle area and the stupid battle got reset... Seriously **** this BS :mad:

Lol...really? That sucks a lot. I would have rage quit.

Must have been a crazy glitch or something for him to get launched that far. The battle area for the Adamantoise is *censored*ing huge.

I almost quit but I tried again and killed it for my platinum trophy :)

I was getting thrown around in small doses. Definitely glitched from one side to another when he flung me a few times. Also had big issues with flying all over the place in the boss battle with the Leviathan. That was the dumbest battle in video game history. At one point, I seriously went spiraling through the air so far that my character was a tiny dot...then I landed in the water on the other side of where the battle was. Just a ridiculous battle. For as good as this game is, the bosses were all hot garbage...

I'm only at chapter 6 or 7 so far, as i'm taking my time with the game so I don't burn out on it. That said, while I do have some complaints about the combat, the moments where you just utterly destroy your enemies or bosses feel really really damn good.

The Chocobo festival, or whatever, is coming on the 24th, I guess...(the thing that you got a ticket for in the free holiday DLC). I also heard the 15th for some reason...but the official twitter for the game says it begins on the 24th.

I didn't know there was free DLC

Despite worrying about it, I won't lie, i'm still very hyped for the FF7 remake. I just hope they weren't bullshitting about their reasons for going episodic... and I hope they're smart enough to keep the world map.

So FF15, just got to chapter 10.. Gladio can go *Censored* himself.

Despite worrying about it, I won't lie, i'm still very hyped for the FF7 remake. I just hope they weren't bullshitting about their reasons for going episodic... and I hope they're smart enough to keep the world map.

Is that when he leaves the party for no reason? that's just an excuse to sell DLC - probably

Is that when he leaves the party for no reason? that's just an excuse to sell DLC - probably

Nope, its the bit where he suddenly lashes out at Noct and tries to

blame Ignis' blindness squarely on him. Acting like a prick. Also being a hypocrite, denying Noct the ability to stop and get closure with Lunas death, yet previously the prick ran off to do his own shit. "You have a responsibility" YEah? So did you Gladio. You know what they say about throwing stones in glass houses.

Archived