Final Fantasy Series

Lunchbox

I've been playing it and it's pretty good although I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy so my opinion might be slightly biased (Although FFXIII still sucks)

1 thing I do recommend is to watch the movie Kingsglaive before you play FFXV. It provides a back story to the game which is glossed over in a 20 second cutscene in the game.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda want this, but at the same time, I haven't really liked a FF game since X. And there seems to be a whole LOT of wasting time in this game. I don't really care for the whole car/roadtrip thing...and I'm also kinda put off by all the characters looking like they belong in a k-pop band. That said, I'm willing to give it a chance. I just wish it had more of a Final Fantasy look to it.

I've been playing it and it's pretty good although I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy so my opinion might be slightly biased (Although FFXIII still sucks)

1 thing I do recommend is to watch the movie Kingsglaive before you play FFXV. It provides a back story to the game which is glossed over in a 20 second cutscene in the game.

Adding to this, the anime and novel/prologue can also help with the group.

So guys, without spoilers, hows the combat? It felt very lackluster in the demo but I figure it might be better in the full game. If its got a good reccomendation from you guys i'll pick it up at the end of the month.

Seen my brother playing it for a few hours, just doesn't seem like it'd be enjoyable to me at all. I prefer the classic turn based action, to open world fighting like in this. I'll probably play it eventually though.

So guys, without spoilers, hows the combat? It felt very lackluster in the demo but I figure it might be better in the full game. If its got a good reccomendation from you guys i'll pick it up at the end of the month.

Nah I like the combat. The moves and combos are pretty cool and the double team moves are awesome. And as you level your techniques get better and as you get different weapons it gets better. Pretty smooth for the most part too.

Finished it last night and whilst I enjoyed it the story felt like there was a lot cut or missing. I'm not sure if the DLC will fix that but it just felt incomplete.

Spoilers only open if you beat the main game

Characters being killed offscreen, Ignus and Gladious getting scars, The empire just being turned into monsters offscreen

Nah I like the combat. The moves and combos are pretty cool and the double team moves are awesome. And as you level your techniques get better and as you get different weapons it gets better. Pretty smooth for the most part too.

I'm glad to hear that. I'll pick it up after christmas then. Still gotta get Dishonored 2 and Watch_Dogs 2 as well. My poor, poor wallet..

I'm glad to hear that. I'll pick it up after christmas then. Still gotta get Dishonored 2 and Watch_Dogs 2 as well. My poor, poor wallet..

I know what you mean, lol. And I want to get Dead Rising 4 but I need to resist a little longer. I've bought like 6 games since October. I need to play those first. Still have Xenoverse 2 and Mafia 3 to beat.

That's the only problem. I guess it's a good problem to have. But all at once is rough. Not just on wallets but trying to figure out which one to play first when you want to play them all lol. It's like Netflix. You end up thinking about it so long, you just end up sitting on them and not playing shit.

Witcher 3 did the same thing to me and I *censored*ing loved it.

I think that was the first game that I truly felt like I was getting nowhere. Still need to beat that and get the DLC. Cd projekt red are my heroes.

Ending is pretty good, though I was so overpowered by that point that I was practically a god. Final boss was also a bit of a disappointment compared to the boss before it.

I think that was the first game that I truly felt like I was getting nowhere. Still need to beat that and get the DLC. Cd projekt red are my heroes.

Ending is pretty good, though I was so overpowered by that point that I was practically a god. Final boss was also a bit of a disappointment compared to the boss before it.

You tried the dlc yet? Looks pretty cool.

You tried the dlc yet? Looks pretty cool.

I haven't unfortunately, whenever I have the money for it, there's something else I want more. Doubt i'll try them before the new year.

Archived