Final Fantasy Series

Lunchbox

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched someone play the demo on twitch and decided to download the demo myself. Haven't played it yet but from what I watched it looked fun. And as Niffan said, looks pretty similar to Kingdom Hearts which I'm fine with as I love KH.

Gotta question; if I were to buy FF XV without playing any of the FF games, would I be completely lost? I've always wanted to get into the FF series but never have for some reason and this game has me interested. But if I need to play a bunch of other games to understand this one then I won't bother, at least not right away.

Watched someone play the demo on twitch and decided to download the demo myself. Haven't played it yet but from what I watched it looked fun. And as Niffan said, looks pretty similar to Kingdom Hearts which I'm fine with as I love KH.

Gotta question; if I were to buy FF XV without playing any of the FF games, would I be completely lost? I've always wanted to get into the FF series but never have for some reason and this game has me interested. But if I need to play a bunch of other games to understand this one then I won't bother, at least not right away.

There is little to no continuity in the games. They take place in different universes, so you don't have to play the other fourteen to understand this one. You can basically jump into the series with any game of your choosing.

Whoever was in charge at square enix of that demo must've been on a lot of drugs.

Combat system worries me, feels very simplistic.

I bet it gets better, as in more advanced, when you get more people in your party and more skills.

Got around to finally playing the demo and... I don't know. Something about how the game plays doesn't feel right to me. Not sure if it's just how FF games are or if it's something else. Just feels a bit clunky to me. Perhaps my opinion will change once I play the actually game, assuming I end up getting it.

Got around to finally playing the demo and... I don't know. Something about how the game plays doesn't feel right to me. Not sure if it's just how FF games are or if it's something else. Just feels a bit clunky to me. Perhaps my opinion will change once I play the actually game, assuming I end up getting it.

It isn't the bold. Every numbered FF game plays at least a little bit differently.

• 4 months later...

Ugh, right around holiday season. I had everything planned out so well. Guess i can put all my attention into the Dragon Quest remake.

Speaking of which, any news on when Dragon Quest 11 is supposed to come out?

• 2 weeks later...

In the time that this game has been in development, Naughty Dog have released Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Last of Us and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. This game needs to be a masterpiece or it's gonna get slaughtered.

• 3 months later...

Anyone played this yet? It looks really good but kinda wanted some opinions on it. I haven't played a final fantasy since 10 and my favorites were 7,8, and 9. If the immersion and story is as good as those then I'll pick it up.

From the looks of the "what are you playing" thread, the creator of this thread has been playing Final Fantasy XV...

Its really different from all the other Final Fantasy games but i really like it. Its kinda like the series caught up to modern gaming where there are a ton of things to do and the combat is way different. Haven't gotten too much into the story but ive put in 5 hours just doing side quests. I would look around if i was you, its getting great reviews everywhere it seems.

Archived