R.I.P. Hijo del Perro Aguayo (1979-2015)

E#37

First time in the thread today. As a fan been a pretty rough day at work not talking about it and such. Top rudo who was really on another level when it came to the style and star power. Seriously was a freak accident that shouldn't ever be blamed on Rey, it was such a basic move that just.....ended wrong. I've been watching matches of his since I got home from work, especially his blood bath against Myzteziz that ended with Perrito putting the bloody Myz mask on the camera as he leaves. I'll never forget that moment in his career especially. Celebrate the high points. Fun Fact: Perrito was 13-0 when it came to Luchas de Apuestas

R.I.P Hijo Del Perro Aguayo

And no doubt would have added to it this year, that i'm sure of.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching it several times, I just can't envision it being a cardiac arrest, due to the suddenness, and the fact that there was blood from his eye. I think it was the stiff dropkick, as he didn't seem particularly dazed, or troubled before-hand. Though it's irrelevant now, it'd be good to know the actual cause. RIP.

He was cut under the eye, I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Why do people feel the need to take pictures? Leave them the *Censored* alone.

"Just one night after Hijo del Perro Aguayo (Perry Aguayo Jr.) passed away after an accident at a CRASH indie event in Mexico on Friday night, Konnan, who was one of the first to tend to Aguayo Jr. after the in-ring spot with Rey Mysterio, was present for last night's AAA Lucha Underground tapings in California. There was a ceremony done for Aguayo Jr. and it was described as "very sad" by Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Lucha Underground officials informed the press that talents would not be available for interviews this weekend and won't be available until the next tapings because the talents were too upset to talk.

There were tributes for Perro done at several Mexican promotions last night and it's expected we will see some form of tribute at the indie events during WrestleMania 31 weekend in California. There has been no mention of the passing by WWE yet.

Aguayo's funeral is being held today in Guadalajara."

Source LOP

Damn man :(

Just came in the evening News here in Germany.

They also showed a near shot in which one can clearly see that he wasn't hit by the 619.

They assume that after the Dropkick he dropped on the ropes akwardly on his throat which caused his death after.

A expert said that the Referee should had reacted immediately instead of waiting THAT long.

Most of all since he wasn't responsive at all while the Referee clearly spends a lot of time just touching him on the face, shoulder and so on trying to get him to be responsive again instead of immediately trying to get the medical staff there

Anyway, very sorry to see him go.

At least he died while doing what he loved.

Rest in Peace and all the best for his Family and friends.

Picture from the LU Temple.

15wo55d.jpg

And spoilers from the taping

The show began with a tribute to Perro Aguayo Jr. Vampiro explained what had happened, and Konnan and Fantasma are mentioned as talking about Perro Aguayo Jr. Sexy Star led the ten bell salute. This segment was taped, and could air as part of this weeks TV show. The show asked the fans to not show their Perro Aguayo Jr. signs during the show. Wrestlers and fans were clearly shaken by what happened. It gave the show a weird atmosphere, though the luchadors still put forward strong efforts in the matches.

Don't expect WWE to acknowledge this. WWE wants to make it seem like there is no other wrestling outside of WWE, hell, if they don't do it for their own former talent when they pass, like Matt Borne, then no way will they do it for Perro.

They aknowledge other wrestling promotions in their articles all the time. NJPW, AJPW, ROH, AAA...The just don't mention direct competition.

There wouldn't really be any reason for WWE to acknowledge this. I mean, I'm all for doing it out of respect, and when it comes to certain people, WWE does pay their respects. But I think it would be kind of odd if they actually did mention his passing, tbh. Just seems out of place. On the other hand, I would like to think that if anyone on the WWE roster wanted to pay tribute with armbands or anything, they would be allowed to do so.

17 year old Perrito hitting a Tope Suicida on Abismo Negro from WWF Superstars

BAhwOKa.gif

Awful quality, sorry. Actual not sure if that is Perro Jr or Perro Sr.

Both gone far too soon.

2ish4w5.jpg

Thought about PdM, if anyone will or can take it over or if it's just better to get the gang to come out, even those AAA have banned from the company as a sign of respect to Perrito, lay their shirts down and retire the whole thing.

It's also going to be interesting. AAA got Myzteziz to fued with Perro, AAA got El Patron to feud with Perro & then AAA got Rey to fued with Perro. Will be interesting to see if they feel someone needs to turn to fill Perrito's shoes which will be so hard to fill.

2ish4w5.jpg

Thought about PdM, if anyone will or can take it over or if it's just better to get the gang to come out, even those AAA have banned from the company as a sign of respect to Perrito, lay their shirts down and retire the whole thing.

It's also going to be interesting. AAA got Myzteziz to fued with Perro, AAA got El Patron to feud with Perro & then AAA got Rey to fued with Perro. Will be interesting to see if they feel someone needs to turn to fill Perrito's shoes which will be so hard to fill.

I've thought about that and imo they should continue Perros Del Mal in honor of Perro, i think that is what he would have wanted.

And about those feuds, yeah AAA has now a enormous void to fill that Perro has left behind, i'm not even sure if there really is someone who could fill that spot up so soon.

Archived