R.I.P. Hijo del Perro Aguayo (1979-2015)

E#37

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Pero en esta ocacion me pregunto porque y no lo entiendo, te extrañare y te llevare conmigo el resto de mi vida,descansa en Paz HijoDelPerro"

"But on this occasion I wonder why and I do not understand , miss you and I will take with me the rest of my life , rest in peace HijoDelPerro"

Rey jr.

2j18wgz.jpg

The setup for the 619 doesn't even look violent. I would have said it was the fall outside that killed him, but he seems to get back in the ring on his own accord within a few seconds, and after taking the dropkick he seems to hit the second rope with his throat and after that he seems lifeless. No ones fault really. I read somewhere that the ropes in Mexico are made out of steel or some other hard metal as opposed to the US where they are some type of softer fabric. I imagine taking a steel rope to the throat would be enough to kill anyone.

I've already seen way too many people blaming this on Rey. Apparently the wrestling experts out there have decided that Rey hit him too hard with the dropkick that he uses to set up the 619. I love how people who know nothing about what actually goes into making a match work and probably don't even follow lucha libre have the gall to look at a short video clip on the internet of a man dying and say, "yeah i can tell he totes stiffed him wit dat dropkick."

That may be, but I thought it was reported that he died from whiplash...in which case, the dropkick is the only logical explanation, considering that he was fine before it, and unresponsive immediately afterward. Only other thing that could have killed him would be a heart attack, or some sort of overdose, really. But like I said...I thought whiplash was the reported cause of death...

Yeah, everywhere seems to be reporting that he died from hitting that rope. You can't blame Rey or the dropkick though. It's just a crazy, unfortunate freak accident. It sucks.

The setup for the 619 doesn't even look violent. I would have said it was the fall outside that killed him, but he seems to get back in the ring on his own accord within a few seconds, and after taking the dropkick he seems to hit the second rope with his throat and after that he seems lifeless. No ones fault really. I read somewhere that the ropes in Mexico are made out of steel or some other hard metal as opposed to the US where they are some type of softer fabric. I imagine taking a steel rope to the throat would be enough to kill anyone.

Except, he didn't die from a crushed larynx or something...

A crushing blow to throat could kill you, but it would be a violent end. Coughing up blood, struggling to breathe, etc. The fact that he just lays there limply would suggest that his brain stopped functioning at the exact moment that contact was made...as if his spinal cord simply disconnected from his brain stem. Unplugged from life like a lamp. The lights went off and never came back on.

Konnan probably didn't help things the way he was shaking him and moving him like that. I read somewhere that there may be manslaughter charges as the investigation to his death begins. This was just an AP report I read on Yahoo, so it may just be nothing but hopefully no one is charged here, it was a clear as day freak accident.

I gotta say this though, it's times like these that I am most proud to be a fan of lucha-libre/wrestling. These guys give their all, and sometimes even their lives to entertain us. I will keep watching, in fact today I will watch LU followed by a AAA show, and then tomorrow will be CMLL on Sunday. My love for it just got stronger.

Accidents happen, unfortunately. I don't blame Rey at all for this, as any number of circumstances that we can't even see, to the tiniest little thing, could have helped cause it.

Rey seems like the only one who knew something was wrong.

Probably because of his time in WWE...where a match is stopped at the first sign of trouble.

Konnan was really cringe-worthy though. I hate seeing shit like that when someone gets injured. First thing you learn in health class is that you're never supposed to jostle someone around like that. Seems like pretty basic knowledge. And yet, here's Konnan...dude dropped him right on his head and then started shaking him like he owed him money.

Rey seems like the only one who knew something was wrong.

Probably because of his time in WWE...where a match is stopped at the first sign of trouble.

Konnan was really cringe-worthy though. I hate seeing shit like that when someone gets injured. First thing you learn in health class is that you're never supposed to jostle someone around like that. Seems like pretty basic knowledge. And yet, here's Konnan...dude dropped him right on his head and then started shaking him like he owed him money.

Hindsight is 20/20. Konnan (As well as most of the others) most likely assumed that he passed out. From the video I saw, Manik also started nudging Perro after the 619 spot. I saw a video on a Facebook link and Perro seemed to really change as he rolled into the ring. He seemed to get weak/go limp as he was rolling in.

I don't think it's right to blame Rey, Konnan, or anyone. It was a freak accident. I feel it's unfortunate that people would prefer to argue over could haves and should haves rather than discuss/celebrate his life/career/legacy.

That's probably where the manslaughter charges will come in, not on any one individual, but on how the company handled the situation.

Yeah, watching some more matches of his. Great heel. He is what Randy Orton has tried to be in his heel runs, except that he is not as quick, or as charismatic and not nearly as good in-ring as Perro was.

One of his last matches in AAA that has aired so far. There might be a couple more that stil have to air because they tape way in advance, but i'm not too sure about that.

He destroys Myzteziz(former Sin Cara) after the match and really shows what a son of bitch he really was in pro wrestling/lucha libre.

^Good gravy, what an awful looking attire Myztesis was wearing. Anyways, skipped to the end to find everyone, even the ref covered in blood, like a bomb had gone off or something. Really cool how he wipes some blood on that fans t-shirt. Bet that guy will keep that shirt for ever, or probably he'll try to sell it now after what's happened.

^Good gravy, what an awful looking attire Myztesis was wearing. Anyways, skipped to the end to find everyone, even the ref covered in blood, like a bomb had gone off or something. Really cool how he wipes some blood on that fans t-shirt. Bet that guy will keep that shirt for ever, or probably he'll try to sell it now after what's happened.

Yeah he always had great fan interaction, like for example here. :XD:

DI1nYQw.gif

Archived