Remember When... (IMPACT! Edition)

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved Serotonin. My favourite of Raven's groups. I liked that it wasn't simply the outcasts and misfits thrown together but the "A Clockwork Orange" aspect of it was really cool. That stable ended far too soon IMO.

Remember Trytan? That Terminator character that was hyped up for a while then scrapped after basically one match before joining Diamonds in the Rough.

• 2 weeks later...

^ One of the original LAX members, right?

Remember when LAX were face after Konnan left and they added Shelly Martinez and Hector Guerrero to the group?

Remember the greatest episode of Impact ever AKA Main Event Mafia taking over everything including Black Snow and Chet Lemon on commentary and Scott Steiner doing ring announcing.

UnFKINGforgettable

"Booker T's beatin up everybody in the ring, BOOM!" WWE needs to let Booker do play by play commentary.

Remember when you first saw TNA?

I was in high school, stayed up til like 3 AM to watch it, and it seemed like everybody from the old days who wasn't in WWE was there. Ron Killings, Konnan, Road Dogg, Kevin Nash, DDP, Jeff Jarrett, Sting. The volume was too low for me to know what the *Censored* was going on (tried not to wake my parents), but I knew I had to see more. I was excited when they moved to Spike. That was when I started actually learning about the roster and storylines.

I do. Back in the 4th grade one night I remember flipping through the channels looking for some shit to watch and ended up stopping on Spike when I saw Sabu doing some shit like ":o wrestling on a Saturday,tf is this shit?" then I heard the commentary talk about Team 3D,Jeff Hardy,Sting(I think),3 Live Kru and some other familiar names like "oh shit this is where these *Censored*s are now! I gotta tell my friends about this first thing Monday." Ended up watching the whole show,losing my mind and well the rest is history. Been a fan ever since that day.

I remember the first time I stumbled upon TNA, it was around 2004. My cousin and I were pretty new to the On Demand feature on Comcast and of course first thing we did was tried looking for some wrestling. We figured it would be under Sports & Fitness and we found some WWE PPVs or specials. We didn't watch those cause we had to pay for them, but we looked under all that and we found a free featured match from the last TNA PPV. It was AJ Styles versus the debuting Jeff Hardy. It wasn't the best match in the world, it barely lasted 10 minutes and Kid Kash & Lance Hoyt interfered in it. But I didn't care because 9 year old me was just so happy to see Jeff Hardy again and in those 10 minutes AJ made me a fan too. From then on, I would look forward to the featured PPV match every month. So you could imagine how happy I was when I heard they finally got a TV deal.

I remember watching TNA in 2002, it was aired on Star World in Thursday&Friday, right after Friends. AJ Styles still lookin like a good little kid and teaming/feuding with D'Lo Brown. S.E.X. was TNA's first attempt of stealing other companies storyline (WCW's nWo). Ron & Don Harris was still a thing back then, a better Authority big guy figure then Show/Kane. Dancing girls in a cage up there in the entrance (and pervert camera guy who always shot their bootys in the beginning of everyone's entrance). A small but were once very prestigious title, NWA Heavyweight Championship. Tito Ortiz constantly appears as guest. They're hyping Abyss as a chained monster and released by Kid Kash. Diamonds in The Rough was shit and always are :lol: They even make a losing streak for David Young lmao. 3LK was the shit. Konnan's rolling thunder clothesline and throing his Nike Air boots >>>. Their song's lyrics are hilarious and fun to listen to, "a redneck and a spick, backed up by a negro?" :lol:

Good times.

Remember when LAX hung AJ upsidedown and beat him up lime a piñata? Remember when they were gonna burn the flag, but Peter Williams came to the rescue?

Remember when Hulk Hogan almost signed around 2003?

Remember after Macho Man, AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy beat the Kings of Wrestling, they wanted Macho Man to win the world title and drop it like a month later?

Remember when Garett Bischoff was a referee for like a year under the name Jackson James?

Remember when Trent Barrera debuted under a weird name and it ended up being his real name. :lol: Then he returned as Ace Vedder?

Remember when Okato (Kazuchika Okada) was Samoa Joe's sidekick or some shit?

On Sky there used to be a Wrestling Channel, the first time I saw TNA was during their Against All Odds PPV in '05. The first match I wathed was Abyss v Jeff Hardy. I continued to check out the channel every now and again for the following PPVs, I had such hopes for TNA. Now look at them...

Archived