John Cena was going to turn heel in 2012.

Crowley

Maybe when Reigns takes full control of being the baby face, then maybe we will see a Cena heel turn.

Reigns will not be the WWE's next top baby face. He will turn fully heel rather sooner than later

Exactly. He's a carbon copy of Batista. Except, Batista was actually successful in becoming a face after leaving his faction.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cena looks even dumber in wrestling gear, tbh. He's just beyond looking cool. The progression of his career has ensured that he will never look cool in any capacity.

How can you say that when we haven't see him in actual wresting gear in years?

The blind Cena hate. :lol:

Cena looks even dumber in wrestling gear, tbh. He's just beyond looking cool. The progression of his career has ensured that he will never look cool in any capacity.

Why would anything change? He's the same person, isn't he? The number of years that have passed don't change how he looks in wrestling gear.

Don't have him change attires, just have him grow a beard

I like his black jorts.

Why would anything change? He's the same person, isn't he? The number of years that have passed don't change how he looks in wrestling gear.

Why wouldn't anything change? If he turned heel, he would have to change his entire character. He couldn't be a superhero heel that panders to the crowd. The WWE wants Cena to be who he is now, blame them, don't go hating every Cena idea that pops up, because you don't know what it could turn out to be.

If they turned John Cena now, it'd be more like a babyface turn than a heel turn. Can you imagine a "heel" John Cena vs. babyface Reigns? The crowd would be 100% pro Cena. If you think Reigns is getting poor reactions now, just try putting him up against an edgier, more aggressive Cena. It'd be a nightmare.

Actually, if they still want to force people to like John Cena, putting him up against Reigns would be a great way to do that. I know I'd root for Cena over Reigns.

I think it was Crowley who said before they can have Cena just be Cena but take it up a few notches. Basically make him like Bo Dallas where he's so face he's heel. (on screen obvs) Give other faces shit for not following rules, give them shit for not doing wishes and etc. "I do 500 wishes a year and you do none. That makes me better than you. You should be ashamed" etc

If they turned John Cena now, it'd be more like a babyface turn than a heel turn. Can you imagine a "heel" John Cena vs. babyface Reigns? The crowd would be 100% pro Cena. If you think Reigns is getting poor reactions now, just try putting him up against an edgier, more aggressive Cena. It'd be a nightmare.

Actually, if they still want to force people to like John Cena, putting him up against Reigns would be a great way to do that. I know I'd root for Cena over Reigns.

I wanna see that shit. Like a parallel universe

I love the idea.

Imagine, plain old John Cena in generic wrestling gear, maybe a singlet or just plain trunks/tights with wrestling boots. 5-moves-of-doom gone, AA gone, STF gone and all replaced with a brand new moveset. Showcasing his ability to actually have a good back and forth technical wrestling match (he can do it). Brand new music to top it off. Hell, maybe he can even be an actual underdog who loses more often than he does now. The superman John Cena broken after he lost to so-and-so in a high-calibre match (eg Rusev at this Wrestlemania). Losing his conviction as the resident superman that once overcame the odds now, he's now forced to reinvent himself completely and become a "new and improved" John Cena.

Maybe after he loses to so-and-so at Mania, he takes a good few months off. He returns but not on Raw, not on Smackdown, not on a PPV, but rather NXT searching for the hunger he once had as a rookie. He goes on a path of destruction en route to the NXT title, where he dethrones the champion (let's say it's Owens for now) and fast forward to his return to Raw, he goes after the US Champion once again (let's assume it's still Rusev) and says he wants more more shot in a Title vs Career match. If Cena wins, he gets the belt. If he loses he retires for good. Depending on whether you think he should retire or not, have it continue from there.

Let's say he beats Rusev and wins the belt. Meanwhile Bryan wins the IC belt at Mania. The two clash at Summerslam to unify the belts. Whilst the crowd expects an epic back-and-forth, Cena blindsides Bryan whilst the introductions occur and completely destroys him (a la Lesnar vs Show at RR 2014), winning the match. Bryan is out of action for a LONG period of time, maybe forever.

I had fun.

I'd root for the match to end

Who would've been the best point for Cena to turn heel? I'm curious

With Nexus

Towards Bret Hart

Against CM Punk

With Kane

Against The Rock

Against Bryan

With Bray Wyatt

He should've done it towards CM Punk tbh

They all were perfect opportunities in their own ways (except Maybe Bret and Bray). But I guess vs. Punk served the most potential and could have gone places, so that.

Who would've been the best point for Cena to turn heel? I'm curious

With Nexus

Towards Bret Hart

Against CM Punk

With Kane

Against The Rock

Against Bryan

With Bray Wyatt

He should've done it towards CM Punk tbh

with the Nexus. Imagine Cena becoming the new leader of the Nexus instead of Punk.

Archived