Shield Return

SryBoutYoDmnLuc

If ever, when do you think it would be a good time to bring back the Shield? How would you book it?

If I were to book it I would bring them back roughly in a five year time span after each one of them have RIGHTFULLY earned a successful WWE WHC title run/or runs. Furthermore, I would have the situation be the Authority turns on Seth because he just had colossal screw ups all the time and they decided to dispose of him. Obviously this is months of build up leading up to an explosive segment which would feature a huge beat down of Seth. This would cause a short pan to the backstage area where Roman and Dean are watching on the monitor deciding whether they should go help Seth from The Authority. *big pause* then you hear S.ierra H.otel I.ndia E.cho L.ima D.elta SHIELD and Roman and Dean emerge from the audience and attack the Authority.

Aftermath, this causes a staredown and for Seth to be appreciative yet weary that they're gonna attack him next. Lastly, Dean and Roman just leave Seth in the ring and they head to the back. Eventually, possibly on a Raw Roman and Dean explain why they decided to help Seth even after all that he did to them. Basically they say that he's still their brother and despite everything the only people allowed to mess with Seth are them and if anybody else tries it they're going to have to deal with them.

Now I know that bringing back The Shield full time could be going backwards for all three of them but they don't have to be together all the time. I think just knowing that we as fans could get some more special moments in the record books and just seeing them together would be fun to have.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they were to reunite right now. I don't like the direction they're going with Ambrose or Reigns at all. Seth Rollins is a decent heel, but that smarmy, ass kissing, chicken shit heel character has been done to death. Unless he starts destroying everybody and winning matches clean with no help from the Authority, I'll probably lose interest in him too. What I really want is for them to do a double turn with Seth and Reigns at WrestleMania. I think it's the perfect time for a good ol' Russo swerve.

I would have them reunite for an extremely short amount of time - maybe two programs at best - after several years. They can be used to put over the most promising trio from that time after they target one of the three ex-Shield members and the other two come to his aid. Would also have Shield win at first to not make the program one-sided and Jericho-ish. But for a very short while and not anywhere near their initial longevity. Shield is one of the few experiments they carried out to a tee and I'd like it to stay that way, and not being milked because of their popularity from the past.

I wouldn't bring them back legitimately, but I wouldn't mind doing a fragile alliance type thing for one of the PPVs. Speaking of which, that would be a cool idea for a PPV...one where all of the matches feature people who hate each other working together. Mostly tag matches, I guess...but the main event could be a fatal four way with two faces and two heels. Or even a tag team match where the person who is currently tagged in can win the title. Okay...I'm rambling now.

But, yeah...wouldn't mind something like that.

WWE Championship 6 man tag match:

Ambrose, Rollins & Reigns on one side...Bryan, Rusev and Wyatt on the other side. They're all forced to tag with each other to stay healthy, but they risk being unable to get the pin in doing so. Anyone can pin anyone to win the title...doesn't have to be the champion.

WWE presents "Fragile Alliance". Book it, monkeys.

Seriously...just joking. :lol:

Not in a while. I'd love to see all three of them having a spot in Royal Rumble where the three of them stands looking at each other when there's chaos in the ring. and they somehow manage to pull off a Triple Powerbomb and eliminate a guy or two.

I wouldn't mind seeing them together now but I understand it was their time to split. Realistically, I could see a reunion 5-7 years from now. When the situation serves purpose and makes sense. Before that happens, Rollins vs Ambrose needs to become a thing again. Ideally, being when Rollins is world champ.

Was thinking they might actually reunite at Wrestlemania. I know it'd be *censored*ed up and all given the past however many months, but they're the only way I can see Reigns winning the title (or Rollins cashing in) in an actual credible way. Maybe even have a Heyman swerve and he could turn on Brock as well. Have Rollins be the mastermind or "architect" behind the whole thing. Then say that Reigns hates the way the fans turned on him after leaving The Shield, and how Ambrose hates the way he hasn't won a PPV match since leaving The Shield as well. It could work I suppose.

Then again, what we'll actually get is Reigns beating Lesnar clean after one Superman punch and a spear, and him getting the ultimate rub as a lame ass face that gets booed more than Cena.

I disliked them together, so ideally, the most we'd ever get is a one night only reunion.

because they book things based on what you like and dislike...

I hope it happens only if/when it makes sense for all 3 men.

A few years down the line, all 3 men are in the rumble, it comes down to them and one other person. They all look at eachother and then do the triple powebomb to the other person out of the ring.

Archived