WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the way people say Lesnar's always "carried". The only matches he's had are against past their prome part timers like HHH & Taker or Cena squashes. I do find it strange that everytine when WWE books Brock outside of those two categories the match is actually pretty damn good, as Punk and the Triple Threat indicated.

Punk and Rollins have (used to, in Punk's case) pretty damn good matches with almost everyone.

So did past his prime Undertaker before Lesnar and Triple H till his latest match.

The one constant is both their matches sucked major ass against one guy. Let's not.

Yes, let's. Taker has been losing it year after year, his match against Punk was OK, definitely not match of the night. Triple H and Lesnar did not mesh. Thry constantly book Brock in bad positions and ignore the times he's in good ones. Why did we never get Punk/Lesnar II? Is it because they were worried that it would make Brock look good? They hide his strong points and expose his weak ones. Give Lesnar a guy like Barrett or Swagger, then we'll se whether he's been "carried" or not.

They both suck ass. It's also comedy gold when they both (well, the three of them, but you get the drill) talk like they're hot shit and end up making a fool of themselves. One thing Lesnar has over Ascension though is that it's possible for selected opponents to carry him while The Ascension blow even in that respect. Thank you, Punk and Rollins.

Ironic how two of the smallest guys on the roster were fully capable of making Brock Lesnar look good.

Brock has 5 moves, never shows up, when he does show up he does jack shit, has had shit matches ever since return with the exception of Punk & the triple threat and to top it all off has been given something as valuable as the steak and might *Censored* off back to UFC while he's done nothing for the company. I'm sorry but I've said this from day 1 with Brock: *Censored* him, he's useless and is nothing like he used to be. But that's just my opinion.

^Smackdown was ok nothing really good but much better than Raw. Decent matches on SD must say.

And one last thing on the Lesnar subject before anyone starts saying oh your just salty over the Streak cause that argument is as bad as the "fickle" crap everyone bitches about, I've said Brock sucked way before he was given the Streak so don't play that bullshit. I'd hate him still even if he lost at Mania cause he still sucks. Just for the record.

I've come to settle at Lesnar being really hit or miss. Heyman's promo's have really gotten me into him lately, but if he unleashes one of his puberty screams, everything goes down the drain... In the ring, he's the type of guy who relies heavily on the other opponent's style, and I've kind of come to accept that as the reason he's been so shit most of his run, save for matches involving Rollins or Punk. I do think he's pretty heavily overrated and not nearly as 'badass' as some make him out to be, but I do also think he's been booked in feuds that weigh in on his weaknesses.

2015 Brock Lesnar with his 2003 moveset would be a scary thing.

This man could destroy Hulkamania Hogan, Warrior, Cena, Austin, Kurt, Benoit, Shawn, Bret, and Rock or at least, beat them in a handicap match.

Brock has 5 moves, never shows up, when he does show up he does jack shit, has had shit matches ever since return with the exception of Punk & the triple threat and to top it all off has been given something as valuable as the steak and might *Censored* off back to UFC while he's done nothing for the company. I'm sorry but I've said this from day 1 with Brock: *Censored* him, he's useless and is nothing like he used to be. But that's just my opinion.

Completely agreed 100%. The dude's so damn limited in the ring, the only reason he's being cheered at this point over Reigns is because..well, he's not Reigns. At this point, Rusev of all people would be cheered over Reigns, and he's supposed to be an anti-American villain.

I hate the way people say Lesnar's always "carried". The only matches he's had are against past their prome part timers like HHH & Taker or Cena squashes. I do find it strange that everytine when WWE books Brock outside of those two categories the match is actually pretty damn good, as Punk and the Triple Threat indicated.

Punk and Rollins have (used to, in Punk's case) pretty damn good matches with almost everyone.

So did past his prime Undertaker before Lesnar and Triple H till his latest match.

The one constant is both their matches sucked major ass against one guy. Let's not.

Yes, let's. Taker has been losing it year after year, his match against Punk was OK, definitely not match of the night. Triple H and Lesnar did not mesh. Thry constantly book Brock in bad positions and ignore the times he's in good ones. Why did we never get Punk/Lesnar II? Is it because they were worried that it would make Brock look good? They hide his strong points and expose his weak ones. Give Lesnar a guy like Barrett or Swagger, then we'll se whether he's been "carried" or not.
LMFAO what was it then, Rock vs. Cena? I find it amusing how you refuse to put the blame on him for any of the instances where his bouts sucked, yet are willing to give him so much credit when they were good. If Lesnar's matches sucked only because of HHH and/or Undertaker, I can just as easily say they were good only because of Punk and Rollins. I can play that game too.

Completely agreed 100%. The dude's so damn limited in the ring, the only reason he's being cheered at this point over Reigns is because..well, he's not Reigns. At this point, Rusev of all people would be cheered over Reigns, and he's supposed to be an anti-American villain.

hahahahahahahahaha

LMFAO what was it then, Rock vs. Cena? I find it amusing how you refuse to put the blame on him for any of the instances where his bouts sucked, yet are willing to give him so much credit when they were good. If Lesnar's matches sucked only because of HHH and/or Undertaker, I can just as easily say they were good only because of Punk and Rollins. I can play that game too.

In my personal opinion, Swagger/Del Rio was match of the night at 29. I'm not refusing to put any blame on him, I'm just saying they focus on the guys he doesn't mesh with and ignore the ones he does; just look at his match history since returning:

Extreme Rules 2012: Vs Cena (squash match, poor)

SummerSlam 2012: Vs Triple H (poor)

WrestleMania 29: Vs Triple H (poor)

Extreme Rules 2013: Vs Triple H (steel cage, poor)

SummerSlam 2013: Vs CM Punk (great)

Royal Rumble 2014: Vs Big Show (squash match, poor)

WrestleMania 30: Vs Undertaker (poor)

SummerSlam 2014: Vs Cena (squash, poor)

Night of Champions 2014: Vs Cena (ok)

Royal Rumble 2015: Vs Cena Vs Rollins (great)

Notice how each time he faces someone on the full time roster in a match that isn't a squash, it turns out to be good/great. Him & Triple H just didn't mesh, yet they got three damn matches, him and CM Punk meshed, yet they only got one match. Why is that? They also insist on having him sauash Cena repeatedly, yet that match isn't any good. Give him an even match against Cena or even a proper match against Big Show, (contrary to what you think, I feel Show still has a lot left in the tank, his booking has been just as bad, if not worse, than Brock's) then we'll see how good he is.

I will say that the reason Brock is so bad is half and half. His booking has been garbage but this company is willing to bend and cater to him constantly so he has no reason to put effort in his matches. But it's still no excuse to be so damn lazy or if you wanna do that that's fine but you shouldn't be champion. That's why as much as I'm against Reigns getting the title when he isn't ready, I'll just be happy to finally see the belt on a regular basis again and at least on the shoulder of someone who will be here every week.

Archived