RockBand 4 is coming in 2015.

Mustacio

An announcement that's about 3-5 years too late...

wut?

Exactly what I typed... I would've been more excited to hear this news 3-5 years ago. At this point in time, I don't care about Rock Band games like I did in the past.

Hope that's clear now.

• 2 months later...

First 6 songs confirmed by Harmonix

- Avenged Sevenfold – "Hail to the King"
- Fleetwood Mac – "You Make Loving Fun"
- Jack White – "Lazaretto"
- The Killers – "Somebody Told Me"
- Spin Doctors – "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"
- The Who – "The Seeker"
IGN doing a livestream of the game tonight in about 2hrs 30mins. Might see some other songs confirmed.

First 6 songs confirmed by Harmonix

- Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King"

- Fleetwood Mac "You Make Loving Fun"

- Jack White "Lazaretto"

- The Killers "Somebody Told Me"

- Spin Doctors "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"

- The Who "The Seeker"

IGN doing a livestream of the game tonight in about 2hrs 30mins. Might see some other songs confirmed.

'Somebody told me' and 'Hail to the King' I like. I don't know the others.

Sweet. Looking forward to playing "The Seeker" and "You Make Loving Fun."

Have they said anything about people getting the game on a new console in terms of importing old game tracks and DLC? There are a lot of older songs that interest me but I didn't have any of the old games. Will I still be able to buy them on PS4.

All the songs from your music library will port over with the exception of RB3, I believe. If there are a few DLC songs that you want but never got, then they will be available to purchase via the music store. If you want RB1/RB2 songs but never imported, then you're out of luck because those songs aren't available through the music store.

Sweet. Looking forward to playing "The Seeker" and "You Make Loving Fun."

Have they said anything about people getting the game on a new console in terms of importing old game tracks and DLC? There are a lot of older songs that interest me but I didn't have any of the old games. Will I still be able to buy them on PS4.

All the songs from your music library will port over with the exception of RB3, I believe. If there are a few DLC songs that you want but never got, then they will be available to purchase via the music store. If you want RB1/RB2 songs but never imported, then you're out of luck because those songs aren't available through the music store.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I didn't have Rock Band at all for last gen and I switched over (360 to PS4) this generation. Hopefully they'll release the songs in the future. I heard them say in the stream that they realize there are a lot of new players so there's a lot of money to be made in theory.

• 1 month later...

11 more on-disc songs confirmed;

Aerosmith – “Toys in the Attic”
The Cure – “Friday I’m In Love”
Dream Theater – “Metropolis - Part 1 “The Miracle And The Sleeper”
Foo Fighters – “The Feast and the Famine”
Judas Priest – “Halls Of Valhalla”
Live – “All Over You”
The Outfield – “Your Love”
Ozzy Osbourne – “Miracle Man”
Paramore – “Still Into You”
St. Vincent – “Birth In Reverse”
Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl”

It ain't Rock Band without a Foo Fighters song on the setlist. :hqhq: Now, where's Weezer?

Excited for "Friday I'm in Love" and Brown Eyed Girl." About time these classics made their way to Rock Band.

"Your Love" and "All Over You" shall fulfill my '80s & '90s-nostalgic needs.

"Still Into You" sounds catchy and may be fun to play.

All the rest, not my cup of tea.

Also, here's a short preview of some of the new songs:

Archived