Mr. Anderson Talks About WWE Taking His Push Away.

AssaultDriver720

Current TNA Wrestler and former WWE Superstar Mr. Ken Anderson recently spoke to Journey of a Frontman. Here are a couple of highlights:

Losing his push in WWE: “What happens is when you’re injured, you’re punished for being injured. You get injured because your job is dangerous and they run you five days a week. I was never injured because of stupid things that I did, it was usually at the hands of somebody else. Once I got a bruise on my triceps that was misdiagnosed as a torn triceps. It’s almost like you’re punished for getting injured. When you come back, you’re sort of depushed and somebody else has taken that slot. That’s understandable to a degree, but they can say ‘Here we go, off to the races again’ and they choose not to. Another one of the things that frustrated me was everything that brought me to the dance in the first place, I was told to stop doing all that stuff. ‘Do it this way, don’t do it that way. What you’re doing is wrong.’ I did it on Smackdown for a couple years. Taker, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Bob Holly, Chris Benoit, Kane, Booker T, all those guys loved working with me and had no problems working with me. I went over to RAW and suddenly I don’t know how to work or wrestle or do my thing. I was told don’t do it this way, do it that way. That to me was frustrating because all I wanted to do was entertain.”

The major difference he noticed with TNA when he signed with them: “They were telling me just the opposite. They said they would put bullet points down on my promos to let me know where they were going with the main story, they told me however I decided to get there was up to me. A lot of times, I would call Paul Heyman and ask him what he would do in this situation. I told him what they had for me and we would talk almost every week. Paul Heyman was responsible for helping me with a lot of the stuff that was coming out of my mouth in the early days at TNA.”

Whether he thinks WWE would sign Samoa Joe: “I think so. I absolutely think it could happen. And I hope it does for him. I hope if it does, he’ll have a good experience there and I hope they’ll treat them well. Joe’s a guy that will stand up for himself too.”

Kennedy was one of my favorites during his years on Smackdown and he had quite a following. Great mic work and his ring work never failed to lose my interest in matches. Always thought he should have stayed on Smackdown and now I really wish he did.

Wasn't he fired for injuring Orton?

and the stuff about Samckdown/RAW seems pretty pathetic tbh. SD was always better.

Well this is pretty much what I said in another thread about people getting injured. Come back, lose all that made you great and get depushed. It's sad how's my wrestlers this has happened to.

I think most wrestlers themselves can attribute to this, but it's the nature of business. Unless you're popular, destined for a push, or red hot, you're gonna have to work your way up again. I think it's been like this for decades.

I liked Kennedy but he seemed pretty butthurt after being fired, so I don't know what to make of this.

I'd be butt hurt too if I got moved to raw and randy orton didn't like me so I got fired

Didn't liked Kennedy? But they are a tag team before. I think the reason is Kennedy botch a move and Orton cries like a baby infront of Mr. Mcmahon.

That's the thing with WWE, they want to have total control over everything and the talents are like puppets to them whom they want to dance to their tune. They think they're only making it better, but they're making it far worse in reality. That's why superstars are best doing their own thing. If it's working, no need to fiddle with it. Don't fix what isn't broken. That's a positive when it comes to TNA from the sounds of it.

That's the thing with WWE, they want to have total control over everything and the talents are like puppets to them whom they want to dance to their tune. They think they're only making it better, but they're making it far worse in reality. That's why superstars are best doing their own thing. If it's working, no need to fiddle with it. Don't fix what isn't broken. That's a positive when it comes to TNA from the sounds of it.

Somehow I think this whole thing started after the Chris Benoit tragedy. Or they cranked it all the way up to eleven. Just sayin'.

He comes across as bitter. Sad to see. I never rated him in the ring, ironically some of his better matches were in TNA when he looked like an out of shape indy guy. There was a time I thought he was going to be big news in the WWE but that was a decade ago basically. He is less than a footnote in the E in hindsight.

I liked Kennedy but he seemed pretty butthurt after being fired, so I don't know what to make of this.

I'd be butt hurt too if I got moved to raw and randy orton didn't like me so I got fired

Didn't liked Kennedy? But they are a tag team before. I think the reason is Kennedy botch a move and Orton cries like a baby infront of Mr. Mcmahon.

It's actually pretty well documentated that Triple H continously told him to not do that or this and gave him shit every time he botched etc. Hunter essentially got him fired.

Archived