WrestleMania Discussion Thread

Jmerc

What if Brad Maddox returns and wins? That would help him out a bunch. He could say on Raw how WWE have ignored him and left him sitting at home for 10 months, how everything was taken away from him. And how none of the fans supported his side projects on YouTube to help him get back on TV. And as winner of the ATGMBR, now you have no choice but to remember his name and to give him more chances.

Most of the crowd probably doesn't even remember who he is.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the IC match has guys that say "*Censored* it" to WWE and give it their all anyway, along with the divas.

From the looks of the participants in the IC match, there doesn't appear to be a single "eff it to WWE" booked for it. IMHO, they're all more like "towing the corporate line with pleasure" kind of employees.

Who are the participants? I thought one of them was RuDolf.

Sadly, a huge battle royal victory isn't going to do anything for Ziggler. It seems WWE just doesn't like the idea of elevating him. Seriously, what could have been bigger than putting the authority out of power? He can win as many big matches as he likes but it wouldn't do anything for his career as long as WWE isn't willing to push him.

If they had put him one-on-one with Bryan, that would have made a lot of sense for his character development, but no, he's back to being around that ridiculous IC title.

I still want Rollins to cash in on Brock

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but I predicted at least 1 of these 2 things will happen at Wrestlemania...

1. Seth Rollins & Someone (Maybe Kane?) Vs Someone (Big Show Maybe?) & Jon Stewart

2. Everyone thinks WWE ruined Seth by putting him in a publicity match with Stewart only for Seth Rollins to cash in at the end of the night on either Brock or Reigns.

Sadly, a huge battle royal victory isn't going to do anything for Ziggler. It seems WWE just doesn't like the idea of elevating him. Seriously, what could have been bigger than putting the authority out of power? He can win as many big matches as he likes but it wouldn't do anything for his career as long as WWE isn't willing to push him.

If they had put him one-on-one with Bryan, that would have made a lot of sense for his character development, but no, he's back to being around that ridiculous IC title.

How would a one-on-one match with Bryan have helped his character development?

I think Ziggler vs Bryan one-on-one could have been seen as Ziggler's ascend into the upper-midcard, which would be very fitting because of all he has accomplished recently.

Ziggler has had tons of huge wins. Maybe a lot of people refuse to see it, but WWE doesn't really hold him back much. It seems to me like his gimmick is "I'm held back"...and that is actually what holds him back.

He has, but the whole problem is his on-and-off booking. Like, just make up your mind whether you actually want him in the main event. They don't hesitate in making him look like a million bucks from time to time, giving off the impression that he's destined for big things, only for him to be directionless or not involved in anything actually relevant in a couple of months. The fact that he's so over and is competing for the IC Title in a match only happening because they had no idea what to do with the guys in it for their biggest show is kinda shit, especially when you consider how high they made his stock sore at Survivor Series.

Ziggler has had tons of huge wins. Maybe a lot of people refuse to see it, but WWE doesn't really hold him back much. It seems to me like his gimmick is "I'm held back"...and that is actually what holds him back.

He has, but the whole problem is his on-and-off booking. Like, just make up your mind whether you actually want him in the main event. They don't hesitate in making him look like a million bucks from time to time, giving off the impression that he's destined for big things, only for him to be directionless or not involved in anything actually relevant in a couple of months. The fact that he's so over and is competing for the IC Title in a match only happening because they had no idea what to do with the guys in it for their biggest show is kinda shit, especially when you consider how high they made his stock sore at Survivor Series.

Like I said, his gimmick is more or less "I'm being held back". Where do they go with that? He's basically set up for failure. I think it's less about back and forth booking, and more about his character being so one dimensional. I think they start to push him and then remember why they never do. I think he's one of those guys who's better off chasing a goal than actually achieving it.

I think Ziggler vs Bryan one-on-one could have been seen as Ziggler's ascend into the upper-midcard, which would be very fitting because of all he has accomplished recently.

He's already in the upper-midcard though. Actually he's pretty much at the ceiling of the upper-midcard. There's not much left for him to do other than have a solid main event run, a Rumble win and a really big Wrestlemania match/moment... which I don't consider Ziggler vs Bryan to be since it would be like the 6th most important match on the card.

Plus it wouldn't really be doing anything for his character simply wrestling Bryan. If there was some sort of story that involved his character developing then yeah...

He's already in the upper-midcard though. Actually he's pretty much at the ceiling of the upper-midcard. There's not much left for him to do other than have a solid main event run, a Rumble win and a really big Wrestlemania match/moment... which I don't consider Ziggler vs Bryan to be since it would be like the 6th most important match on the card.

Plus it wouldn't really be doing anything for his character simply wrestling Bryan. If there was some sort of story that involved his character developing then yeah...

I can follow your line of reasoning, but even then I personally feel Ziggler vs Bryan does more for Ziggler than a poorly booked ladder match. He has never had a singles match at Mania, and there is definitely more potential for good storytelling in a solid singles match against a recent Mania main-eventer.

You're right about him not having much to do other than a solid main-event run, which at the time wouldn't be right because of Brock Lesnar and Reigns, but I do hope that at some point they mold into a main-eventer, and the whole "held back" thing doesn't stay a gimmick.

I remember 'Mania 26 for being only good for the last three matches. The rest of the card had so much promise with Orton vs. Cody vs DiBiase, Trips/Sheamus and Punk/Mysterio, but they were given around 20 minutes combined. The main events fortunately delivered, but still consider it to be a shit 'Mania in general.

God that's the show that had Vince vs Bret wasnt it? Holy *Censored* an abortion of a match. Rest of the show was great IMO nothing amazing but still solid.

My friend, who hasn't watched since the late 90s bought that Mania on PPV simply because Bret was on it. What a waste lol

Archived