Samoa Joe parts ways with Impact Wrestling.

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's possible he goes to NXT, although not the most likely. He's 35, yes, but Bálor and Itami are 33, so it isn't that crazy. He could also debut straight to the WWE.

I didn't think about Lucha Underground and GFW. But actually, those are the more likely destinations for him now that I think about it. I'm still pulling for NJPW though. A ready-made feud with Okada is there waiting for him.

That's if he gets back to the shape he was in in ROH and gets that passion for wrestling again. The only thing that worries me is the fact that NXT has guys who are dominant like Joe was so how do you introduce him and have people who aren't "smart" fans give a shit about him. Hes not exactly a wizard when he talks.

That's if he gets back to the shape he was in in ROH and gets that passion for wrestling again. The only thing that worries me is the fact that NXT has guys who are dominant like Joe was so how do you introduce him and have people who aren't "smart" fans give a shit about him. Hes not exactly a wizard when he talks.

Joe isn't bad on the mic...and like I said, Heyman would be good for him. Also, the NXT fanbase always knows what's up. If he was brought in there, with Heyman, he would stand a very good chance of at least becoming NXT champion. Would he possibly ask for his release before getting to the main WWE roster? Maybe. But he would be over on NXT. And Joe vs Owens would certainly be something to see.

Update:

Tuesday afternoon, longtime TNA star Samoa Joe announced he was leaving the company. This was followed by several TNA talent taking to social media to show their respect for the former World Heavyweight Champion, wishing him the best going forward.

PWInsider has now provided insight as to why Joe and the company have gone their separate ways.

According to the outlet, the situation is very similar to that of AJ Styles at the end of 2013. It was clear at the time TNA was undergoing financial issues and could not afford to offer Styles a contract at a competitive salary to what he was making beforehand. Because of such, he decided to leave after dropping the main title to Magnus, and went off into the independent scene.

Unlike Styles, this situation did not play out on television. It is said Joe was looking for a higher salary, and the company simply could not match. PWInsider says there was not heat on either side of the discussions, and they very much consider the doors to be open should something work out creatively.

Additionally, it is said TNA is looking to push younger talent and put more of an emphasis on them. While Kurt Angle, in his 40s, may be the current champion, creative is allegedly starting to push in another direction. At age 35, Joe was not in the long-term plans for the main event, and given his misuse creatively in the past, would likely have not faired well.

Joe is expected to head to the independent scene much like Styles.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/update-samoa-joe-left-tna/33938/

Damn guys Samoa Joe in 2003-2005 was the king of the Indies, absolutely in the top 5 of the best pro-wrestlers in the world (In a time where we had Benoit,Angle,Eddie,) and seeing how bad he became it's really sad.

I've been watching Joe for 10 years, since I was a kid, he 's one of my all time faves and I think there is no better place for him to go in NJPW,get back in shape and have the baddest match/feud of all time:Joe vs Ishii for the IC Title

Archived