Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uncle passed away in the early hours of the morning.

*sad face* Thoughts & prayers, sir.

On a side note... the winter storm warning in our area has been extended from 12pm CST to 6pm CST. Looks like I need to get more gasoline for the snow thrower.... this might never end.

Happy but unhappy with the state of me and my friend I like. Happy we're friends after all the shit that's happened (and just asking her things because I wanted to talk and clear things up) but it's clear that we won't be dating one another since we're both just not ready for relationships (moreso her).

Gotta swallow my pride and bottle them up despite confessing my feelings to her, and still being friends.

I wanna get a flu shot but probably can't while currently having colds and cough

Happy but unhappy with the state of me and my friend I like. Happy we're friends after all the shit that's happened (and just asking her things because I wanted to talk and clear things up) but it's clear that we won't be dating one another since we're both just not ready for relationships (moreso her).

Gotta swallow my pride and bottle them up despite confessing my feelings to her, and still being friends.

well this didn't help my confidence in my probable plans for this week.

In all seriousness, at least it's good (yet bittersweet) that your friendship wasn't completely ruined

well this didn't help my confidence in my probable plans for this week.

In all seriousness, at least it's good (yet bittersweet) that your friendship wasn't completely ruined

It is, but man... I really like her. I'm happy that we're friends still, but it sucks because I have to bottle my feelings up and just not be affectionate to her anymore. The funny part is, I don't think the feelings are one-sided. When I talked to her, she was like the flirting was her being "way too comfortable around me" and when she asked what I saw her as, it was her saying her views on relationships and that she already knew I liked her.

I talked to another friend who talked to her because she wanted help (since I confessed with a poem/letter) and this same person knew of my feelings and experiences with her, or has seen it, and she said that some of the things she said doesn't add up. Also, that she's bullshitting around, and that she definitely liked me, but is so adamant on her being non-committal and not wanting feelings for anyone, she just stopped after I confessed.

She was saying other things, too, that I was all over her when we went to a con together. We went together, but went our separate ways because she had to work and she has her own friends that she wanted to see. I went to go have fun, make friends, and not think about the feelings I have for her.

Shit is wild, man. Girls are complex individuals...

Advice: Don't torture yourself by bottling it up. Try not to see her for a while, take a distance. Untill you are in the clear with yourself.

If you wanna be friends with the person, you can't have romantic feelings like that. It sucks, and it will sucks. Some people are worth going through that.

And about the whole unrequitted love analysis... Try not to look for clues, on what it was or could have happenned. Respect her feelings and opinion, first and foremost. If you were really compatible as partners, things would have happened differently. She could have acted flirty to see if "something was there", and in her mind it isn't. Try to understand it and respect it, you can be friends only if you do.

Archived