General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

To me, chicken is just something you eat with a good sauce or something like that. In fact it's always more about the sauce, that's why it's chicken in that, chicen with that etc.

I still have to find a person that just loves chicken... as chicken... It's meat doesn't really have any kind of special taste, so that's also the reason for above.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that more of an internet-thing though? Everybody online assumes they're fully in the right and that the other one is talking out of his ass.

Not that people don't assume based on stereotypes, but I would be more sympathetic if it wasn't getting so misused all the time.

Like people aren't retarded right, you should recognize when someone is just having a debate and when someone is legit being misogynistic to you.

What's also bullshit: fatshaming. Unlike slut/bodyshaming, fatshaming is a bunch of fat *censored*s complaining about getting called out for being fat *censored*s. It's insulting to legit issues in society to coast on its coattails because you don't like people looking at you funny when you're half-way in your trifecta of your King Deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well-aware there are people who get fat through no fault of their own. That's *censored*ed up. But don't bullshit people by acting like being fat is a lifestyle. Like there's nothing wrong with it. You're going to die of heart disease, you obese *Censored*. People should point that out and you should strive to lose weight.

probably due to men explaining to women as if they're utter dumb*censored*s, I guess.

My unpopular opinion for the day (I may get killed for this?): I personally think any and very kind of chicken tastes likr shit. Never liked it in the 24, almost 25 years I've been on this planet.

never been to Chic Fil A?

I got a weird take on the whole fatshaming thing. Although Im not speaking for everyone and this is exclusively my situation...

Im happy I was shamed for it. I was a fat kid who got tired of being called fat so I got into great shape towards the end of highschool. Then I was in a 3 year relationship and got comfortable. Put on some weight. Buddies called me fat. Family called me fat. Now...Im in awesome shape again. In a weird way, it motivated me to better myself.

The thing about being fat, is...it's not a good thing. Period. Being fat is never a good thing. And, yeah...it's not cool to make someone feel like shit for being fat...but you certainly shouldn't need to walk on eggshells around a fat person just to avoid making them feel bad. - I think the line needs to be drawn when it comes to fat people who take an attitude with people who aren't fat (which is a demographic that exists in great numbers, in my experience). Way too often, do I see/hear fat people who cop a major attitude because of their own shitty condition. I mean...yeah, don't be surprised if you weigh 400lbs, and I give you a sideways look for eating some unhealthy garbage that isn't proper food. I'm not going to verbally abuse you...but I can't be held accountable for what my physical reaction to a repulsively overweight person might be. And then you have fat people who complain that they're fat, while simultaneously drinking a milkshake or something. But god forbid that you tell them to put down the cakes and pies...then you open pandora's box. Meh...it's like anything else...damned if you do and damned if you don't. Which is why I just generally ignore every single person I cross paths with (unless directly spoken to).

I'm on board for not body shaming. No one deserves that shit. But we shouldn't be advocating plus size models or over weight people as it's a detriment to there health. Yeah it's giving an audience a voice but surely on medical grounds they should be advised to lose the weight rather try and promote it?

I don't get this whole "you shouldn't need to walk on eggshells thing". Like my best friend from when I was 5 all the way through graduating high school was fat. Not then, and not now when we reunite has it ever crossed my mind to make him feel shitty about it. I spent practically my whole life with him and at no point did I feel I was walking on eggshells. Even as like child, it was just never even an urge I had.

Eh, I think it depends on who you are and who your friend group is. In mine, we all call each other fat if any of us gain weight. Same thing goes with my dad and I. But thats also because were all into lifting and staying healthy...

Wouldnt want it any other way.

I'm on board for not body shaming. No one deserves that shit. But we shouldn't be advocating plus size models or over weight people as it's a detriment to there health. Yeah it's giving an audience a voice but surely on medical grounds they should be advised to lose the weight rather try and promote it?

That last sentence falls under body shaming these days dude. I remember reading an article about how doctors shouldnt be allowed to tell patients that they need to lose weight because its offensive and whatnot.

Ofc I disagree but yeah.

I understand if it's like something that's changed over time and you've built up a rapport where you can do a bit of ball-busting. That's a different situation all together, and that makes more sense to me. Because I think all male friendships have a level of ballbusting. I think from ages 10-14 all my friend group did was call eachother fags and talk about *censored*ing each other's moms.

...and I give you a sideways look for eating some unhealthy garbage that isn't proper food. I'm not going to verbally abuse you...but I can't be held accountable for what my physical reaction to a repulsively overweight person might be

Im also guilty of sideways looks. Especially when people smell. Ill literally get repulsed and shake my head without realizing Im doing it.

You know this is a topic I have thought and debated about a lot. The conclusion that I had come to at the end of it all was that you just treat it like a person's lifestyle choice and disregarding the right or wrong morals set by the society. We all understand it is wrong for a whole number of reasons but if we are accommodating to people who smoke, drink excessively or do drugs, then I have no problem someone being obese if that's how they choose to live their life. As long as that person is not hurting anyone else or doing harm to anyone else, then who am I to decide how that person lives his life. I mean they only get one life to do it and if they enjoy eating all the unhealthy food and sitting on a couch all day watching tv/playing video games and being obese, then that's their choice. Similarly, if someone enjoys smoking cigarettes or weed or doing other types of drugs.

Having said all that though, it doesn't mean one should get a special treatment because of their poor lifestyle choice. That is something that some people don't understand. That this is not a disease or a disability, it's an obvious lifestyle choice and you can't expect special treatment because of it.

I read the other day where some restaurant was sued for having seats that were too small for some overweight guy to sit on and stuff his face and he had to face embarrassment. That is some *censored*ing *Censored* shit. *Censored* that.

And I'm also not a fan of this promotion of overweight culture and plus size models and shit saying that it is ok. It clearly is not. Being accepted is one thing but promoting it as a lifestyle choice and discouraging others from doing something about it by saying it's ok and healthy to be overweight is just plain stupid. It's one of the leading cause of death for a reason.

IMO, same rules apply as the ones to people who do drugs or smoke. Sure they are accepted somewhat but you would always get looks and sense of judgement towards someone like that and I think obesity falls in the same category. I'm not in support of body shaming, although it works wonders for some people. ( I have seen it happen) it can also make a situation worse. Just as we'd advise or politely say to a person that doing drugs or smoking is wrong, I think the same principle should apply to this. But at the end of the day, it's their decision and their life and they don't have to take this one and you shouldn't treat them any differently because of their weight be it for better or worse.

The promotion of fat culture, thank you, that's where I was going with it. That bugs me. And the outrage when you imply that being fat, is unhealthy. That bugs me even more.

Pretty sure I saw someone say you can't die from being fat. I don't think that's true.

Unrelated, also saw someone state you csn catch a STD from a virgin.

I'm digressing, but Twitter is garbage.

Tbh there is a whole industry and culture about being "fit" (I've put it inside quotations marks because there are various definitions of what at is).

And the point of plus size models is not to "promote" being fat, but rather saying that it's ok and that you don't have to devout 80% of your time and life to being fit. Just because somebody say so. There is a difference between obese and fat. Just as every person with a little more on them desn't mean he is fst and unhealthy. People really don't get that.

And people who bodyshame agressivly or passive agessivly are also insecure themselves.

People are just going to criticize no matter what. I was never outright fat but definitely chubby at 215 and im now 170 cause i changed a bit up in my diet and eat less and people come to me asking if everything is ok as if something tragic in my life happened to me or im really sick.

We shouldn't bully them but on the flip side, fat man people shouldn't glorify that they're fat. Being fat isn't okay and shouldn't be promoted

Archived