General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer is more enjoyable then liquor.

"Enjoyable" is kind of a loose term. I enjoy both beer and liquor, but for different reasons. Also, I think it's absurd when people sit down and take notes about alcohol, or rate it with serious intent. I use the untappd app to rate beers...but it's just for fun. I laugh when people are like "Hmmm, yes...slight oaky notes with a hint of orange peel and taint sweat". :lol:

Also, I was watching that new show 'Beerland' and the host kept raving and raving about the hops. But it was to such a degree that I could tell she was just talking out her ass, because it was the only thing she kept saying. She was like "these hops...oh man, these hops...good job on finding these hops, man". People like that are ridiculous. Lmao. Things like hops and malts are important...but not to such a degree that they should be the only thing you comment on when you drink a beer.

Fast food in general is just...I mean, let's be honest...it's terrible.

I had some Burger King the other day, for the first time in literally years. Probably a decade. And, I'll be honest...it tasted more like actual food than I remember it tasting, but it was still really mediocre and empty. Left me with a serious feeling of regret. Lol. Also, I got a large soda...and then I had anxiety when I saw how big it actually was. It was like a beach pail. :lol: I guess I've underestimated how much soda people drink, because I thought a large would still be a relatively modest portion.

did you try their chicken fries?

Beer is more enjoyable then liquor.

"Enjoyable" is kind of a loose term. I enjoy both beer and liquor, but for different reasons. Also, I think it's absurd when people sit down and take notes about alcohol, or rate it with serious intent. I use the untappd app to rate beers...but it's just for fun. I laugh when people are like "Hmmm, yes...slight oaky notes with a hint of orange peel and taint sweat". :lol:

Also, I was watching that new show 'Beerland' and the host kept raving and raving about the hops. But it was to such a degree that I could tell she was just talking out her ass, because it was the only thing she kept saying. She was like "these hops...oh man, these hops...good job on finding these hops, man". People like that are ridiculous. Lmao. Things like hops and malts are important...but not to such a degree that they should be the only thing you comment on when you drink a beer.

Well I mean I only drink beer now when I do end up drinking liquor I always regret it with the worse hangovers. I back when I was like 16 - 21 yeah liquor was what I preferred but over the last couple years my body straight rejects it. So I was only saying Beer is more enjoyable in the sense that I can fully be ok the next day lol. But again thats me.

Wait...I can deal with Jack Daniels anytime but thats like completely it for me.

I'm good with liquor, so long as I'm drinking water as well. Also, I drink everything straight these days...even gin, so that helps eliminate all of the sugar that people get from mixed drinks. Sugar is really what does a number in the hangover department. I think I get the worst hangovers though, when I'm drinking a bunch of different beers. If I buy a 30 rack and just drink one after another, that's fine...but if I drink 6 of these, and 4 of those, and 2 of these, and another 5 of something else...that's when I get bad hangovers.

Beer tastes like shit.

It doesn't, though...

I mean, that's what people say when they try a shitty can of Budweiser or something. But beer is much broader than that. That's like trying grape nuts and then saying "cereal tastes like shit". :lol:

Well, I did like the German beer I tried few years ago. And Blue Moon isn't so bad. But I say this based on different beers I've had.

Most American beers suck ass though, yeah.

See...funny enough, the more beer that you drink, the more your tastes adapt to what you're drinking, and you can actually taste different things in there. That much is not bullshit (I know I made fun of it before, but it is true)...anyway, something like Blue Moon is way too sweet for me to enjoy on any consistent level. That's a good example of something that I would randomly have one or two of while drinking a bunch of other things...and then the sugars in that would give me a bad hangover later. I'm not trying to infer anything when I say this...but, Blue Moon is a chick beer. :lol:

Beer tastes like shit.

Beer is an acquired taste. After drinking Natty Ice and Beast Ice in college, I'll drink anything, especially after doing yard work in the summer. I usually buy Yuengling Traditional Lager as it is probably the best beer at the store near my house. If I travel a little further I buy Sam Adams Boston Lager or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Beer tastes like shit.

Beer is an acquired taste. After drinking Natty Ice and Beast Ice in college, I'll drink anything, especially after doing yard work in the summer. I usually buy Yuengling Traditional Lager as it is probably the best beer at the store near my house. If I travel a little further I buy Sam Adams Boston Lager or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

You are my favourite drink.

That "Blue Moon is a chick beer" thing brings me onto another thing.

The idea of "manly drinks" and "girly drinks" can *Censored* off. I went to my local with some friends a few months back and got a Bulmers mixed berry (or whatever it's called) and one of them goes "you got a *censored*ing girly drink". Man, flavoured cider is *censored*ing delicious, I will drink a fancy little cocktail that looks pink with a cherry on if it tastes good.

The idea of "manly drinks" and "girly drinks" can *Censored* off. I went to my local with some friends a few months back and got a Bulmers mixed berry (or whatever it's called) and one of them goes "you got a *censored*ing girly drink". Man, flavoured cider is *censored*ing delicious, I will drink a fancy little cocktail that looks pink with a cherry on if it tastes good.

I relate to this so much. I only drink spirits and love cocktails, but the result is so many people thinking I'm gay or whatever ¬_¬ it's just ridiculous, I'm not gonna force myself to drink beer just to appear manly.

This video sums up a lot. Ah, the fragile masculine ego.

I relate to this so much. I only drink spirits and love cocktails, but the result is so many people thinking I'm gay or whatever ¬_¬ it's just ridiculous, I'm not gonna force myself to drink beer just to appear manly.

This video sums up a lot. Ah, the fragile masculine ego.

I actually like a few beers tbh, like Carlsberg and Budweiser, but my first choice is always flavoured cider. The whole culture of "drink stuff that tastes horrible just because it gets you shitfaced" is ridiculous; if I'm getting drunk, I wanna *censored*ing enjoy doing it.

Beer tastes like shit.

I have acquired the taste of beer, and I still dislike it.

Ironically, I will get beer for social reasons. And likely finish it before most of my friends.

THANK YOU

but *Censored* fruit-flavored vodka.

Let me clear something up about girly drinks...

I drink every kind of alcohol...and I mean every kind. That said, people get a rep for drinking girly drinks when it's the only thing that they drink. That's all. If people know that you normally drink whiskey out of an old shoe, you won't get shit if you decide to get the fruitiest drink on the menu. But, if that's what you always drink...then, yeah...you're gonna get shit for it. Also, those fruity drinks really stop tasting good once your palate has evolved.

And I'm not just saying that to be douchey. Hell...I'm not even saying it's a good thing. But it's true. Those drinks are painfully sweet once you've moved past them. Even something as basic as a rum and coke...if you've moved onto just drinking straight rum, then a rum and coke will do nothing short of turning your stomach. Shit is too sweet. Alcohol is sweet on its own. It doesn't need other sweet stuff added to it. But, yeah...by all means, if you only enjoy drinking mixed drinks...then have at it. It's all ball-busting in good fun. No one actually thinks they're superior by making fun of girly drinks. Well...some people do, but those people are ridiculous. :lol:

Let me clear something up about girly drinks...

I drink every kind of alcohol...and I mean every kind. That said, people get a rep for drinking girly drinks when it's the only thing that they drink. That's all. If people know that you normally drink whiskey out of an old shoe, you won't get shit if you decide to get the fruitiest drink on the menu. But, if that's what you always drink...then, yeah...you're gonna get shit for it. Also, those fruity drinks really stop tasting good once your palate has evolved.

I've been told the same about not liking pineapple on pizza... not a chance mate.

Well, that's just completely different.

And pineapple on pizza is great, if there is also meat. Definitely need ham or spicy chicken or something. People who complain about pizza toppings need to get their priorities straight. Pizza can have pretty much anything on it. It will always be awesome.

Archived