General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

What the hell has happened to this thread?

Well, there was an actual discussion that was pretty good, didn't resolve into petty arguments and managed to stay mature.

So thats what the hell happened, because it was a nice change for once.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Women are more reserved about who they have sex with. They get called prude, attacked verbally or even physically, and even raped.

I honesty hardly, if ever, see this actually being true. Maybe it's just where I live or something, but this just doesnt really happen very often at all.

how many women in your area are known to have a lot of sex?

I think he was talking about your second point about women getting shit for being reserved about sex. Personally, I don't think this happens a lot here either. I have never heard of or seen an incident where a woman was given shit for not having enough sex.

• 2 weeks later...

1. I don't like smartphones. They have a tendency of not working. I much preferred the time when phones promised much less, but actually delivered on all of those promises.

2. I hate the fact that people these days view every opinion as equal. Not every opinion is worth anyone's time and "it's just my opinion" is often the laziest excuse for not actually being able to back up what you think. Anyone can go online now and spout any stupid drivel, but that does not mean that said drivel deserves the time of day. The "every opinion is important" mindset is what gives prominence to ridiculous, poorly researched conspiracy theories and misconceptions.

1. I don't like smartphones. They have a tendency of not working. I much preferred the time when phones promised much less, but actually delivered on all of those promises.

2. I hate the fact that people these days view every opinion as equal. Not every opinion is worth anyone's time and "it's just my opinion" is often the laziest excuse for not actually being able to back up what you think. Anyone can go online now and spout any stupid drivel, but that does not mean that said drivel deserves the time of day. The "every opinion is important" mindset is what gives prominence to ridiculous, poorly researched conspiracy theories and misconceptions.

Interesting.

Agree completley on the second one. Not sure about the first one though.

Being in a relationship is one of the most overrated things a person can possibly do and it seems most people pursue them due to societal pressures.

I agree to an extent..just don't fully agree with the 2nd half of this.

Being in a relationship is one of the most overrated things a person can possibly do and it seems most people pursue them due to societal pressures.

Yeah, I'm 19 and have no desire for a sexual relationship or romantic relationship at all. Happy just doing my own thing.

Same except that I'm 21. I just find them boring tbh and much prefer my own company. Plus I can't be arsed with all the arguing.

Archived