The problem with the Divas division (the way I see it)

XavMashes

Wait, you can't make women in 2K15? The HELL? o_O

Thank God I didn't purchase that game. Yeesh, talk about retarded.

Why the Diva's division is terrible? Kevin Dunn. Enough said. Push that guy into a Goddamn rat trap and ship him the hell outta here.

And the other reason in my opinion, pushing the wrong women or giving all of the airtime in the world to women that the fans don't give two s**ts. Sorry, E#37, but I personally see nothing likeable about the Bellas. Hell, I think I do a much better job giving the Bellas a personality on the old Story Designer in the WWE games. I mean, years ago, the Bellas were doing s**t. They left, came back, dated Daniel Bryan and John Cena? Here they are stinking up the joint because of Total Divas.

I guess it is true. It ain't who you know but who you blow.

That might have been true if they were still as poor in the ring as they once were, but they HAVE improved. Nikki noticeably has. Of course, not in the acting department, but their in-ring improvement can't be discounted. And I don't give two shits about the reason they're getting pushed. What matters to me is that they improved and warrant the rewards they got, no need to go deep into the off-screen aspect of it, which, for all we know, may not even be true.

Meh, Nikki still is below average in the ring tbh. She's busier pushing her hair out of her face every three seconds than actually wrestling. She just got more freedom to do cool moves, that's why people start to think she's suddenly become good. *shrug*

I feel like hiring female wrestlers from the indies won't help if the overall booking is complete and utter shit.

This is just a general problem going in WWE right now. Not a whole lot goes into developing and making us care for the Divas; whether it's their character/gimmick, the amount of time they get to perform in the ring or how often they get to cut a promo (and not just some lame backstage segment, either. Like, an in-ring promo or something). And if they do attempt to actually utilize Divas, they don't do it properly (for instance; the Bella Twins storyline this past Summer).

And the main reason that Bella story was focused on the way it was, was because Stephanie was involved.

Nikki had a great match with Paige a month ago on Main Event. She looked like she really upped her game against a competitor like Paige who's litterally been wrestling since she was in her mother's womb.

Nikki made me actually believe she had improved in the ring after I saw this. (My apologies if it is not the whole match, but you can go find it on YouTube.)

Never said hard to watch, just I don't know how some can put in an a hour a week to watching an exclusive women's wrestling show. Don't wanna go off topic, just wanted to state that.

How do you watch shows with purely male talent on it?

No promotion I watch has exclusively men talent so I don't know what you are getting at. I'm saying I don't know how you came watch promotions with exclusive women's talent on it. That's MY question. Raw, Smackdown, NXT, LU, TNA, they all have women.. Sooo?

Never said hard to watch, just I don't know how some can put in an a hour a week to watching an exclusive women's wrestling show. Don't wanna go off topic, just wanted to state that.

No promotion I watch has exclusively men talent so I don't know what you are getting at. I'm saying I don't know how you came watch promotions with exclusive women's talent on it. That's MY question. Raw, Smackdown, NXT, LU, TNA, they all have women.. Sooo?

WCW, ECW, NJPW, NoaH, ROH, PWG....

Some of the most famous wrestling companies now and all the time and the "kings of the indies" are/were male exclusive. (Not counting that one women's match every month in ROH or Candice LeRae in PWG)

and TNA was too, for quite some time

And there's another problem right there if what you said is true. They can't even book a match like that on a THREE-HOUR show yet they can do it on shows that not many people even watch?

Because with a three hour show the producers tend to lose notion of what's really rimportant, at first sight a three hour slot seems like an advantage but it's chaos. Look at NXT. They need to schedule storylines and matches for a one hour show, so in that little time producers and talent give the best and most relevant product. At least it's what I think, I'm no insider but it's kind of logic. In Raw you have a blast of time and maybe they put way too much time in the Cena-Lesnar storyline and way too little time in the divas or any of the other divisions. In NXT they have to showcase most (if possible all) of what's going on storywise so it needs to be good. I don't know if I'm being clear.

Some of the most famous wrestling companies now and all the time and the "kings of the indies" are/were male exclusive. (Not counting that one women's match every month in ROH or Candice LeRae in PWG)

I don't watch/haven't watched any of them on a weekly basis so that doesn't apply to me.

Freedom is the *censored*ing problem, they don't have any. These divas are so restricted it's not even funny. The officials won't allow them to go out there in the ring and tear the house down because they might surpass the men. Thanks to that we are stuck for years now with... well what ever the hell it is that we have now.

Wasn't there an interview with either Melina or Michelle McCool where they said that they were told to hold back so they didn't make the men look bad? (Your post reminded me of that)

Or did that turn out to not be true?

And there's another problem right there if what you said is true. They can't even book a match like that on a THREE-HOUR show yet they can do it on shows that not many people even watch?

Because with a three hour show the producers tend to lose notion of what's really rimportant, at first sight a three hour slot seems like an advantage but it's chaos. Look at NXT. They need to schedule storylines and matches for a one hour show, so in that little time producers and talent give the best and most relevant product. At least it's what I think, I'm no insider but it's kind of logic. In Raw you have a blast of time and maybe they put way too much time in the Cena-Lesnar storyline and way too little time in the divas or any of the other divisions. In NXT they have to showcase most (if possible all) of what's going on storywise so it needs to be good. I don't know if I'm being clear.

A little. Maybe if they'd cut the 30-minute promos that The Authority have, they would give the women time that they deserve.

Bare in mind, NXT is ran by people who actually *gasps* know the wrestling business. Unlike the ones on Raw who ran sitcoms on NBC.....8 years ago.

I don't watch/haven't watched any of them on a weekly basis so that doesn't apply to me.

Thousands of people do, though. Which makes your question quite stupid

jacks it to the men

Freedom is the *censored*ing problem, they don't have any. These divas are so restricted it's not even funny. The officials won't allow them to go out there in the ring and tear the house down because they might surpass the men. Thanks to that we are stuck for years now with... well what ever the hell it is that we have now.

Yeah they need to allow the divas to actually do anything before the divas can come close to be seen the same as the men

I'm a wrestling fan that wants an overall great product regardless of the gender, but the problem is Vince is stuck in the past when it was "ok" not treat women the way he does and Kevin Dunn encourages him because he just flat out couldn't careless about anything but the money anyway.

So yeah. Once again can't wait for both of them to *Censored* off already.

Nikki had a great match with Paige a month ago on Main Event. She looked like she really upped her game against a competitor like Paige who's litterally been wrestling since she was in her mother's womb.

Nikki made me actually believe she had improved in the ring after I saw this. (My apologies if it is not the whole match, but you can go find it on YouTube.)

Reminds me of Cena - stepping up their game when they're against a great wrestler or someone they like.

Archived