What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

Still playing Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS4).

This game is making me sweat. Unfortunately, the PS4's trophy screenshot feature is rendered nearly useless by my habit of checking my health after every fight. This shit is gonna be awesome for wrestling games though.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Sims 4 for half price. In the process of downloading it, which has been taking a pretty long time. That said, I hope I can actually play it when it's done. I think my computer should do alright with it...(just on lower settings, I surmise). Assuming that everything goes well though, I expect to be addicted to this shit in the worst way. Haven't really played a Sims game since the original one. I had Sims 3 on 360...but that doesn't really count.

Finished Batman Arkham Asylum and now started playing Rage again. I had the game for a while but got back into it just recently. Really enjoying it so far.

Finished Batman Arkham Asylum and now started playing Rage again. I had the game for a while but got back into it just recently. Really enjoying it so far.

I started playing as Chris. Tried to burn this corpse, but he popped up as a crimson head zombie. I blew his head off with the shotgun. But then he got back up! I got attacked by a headless zombie! Strangely, the share button glitched out on me when I tried to save a video clip of this incident.

Edited by WarGreymon77

Tbh Dark Souls 1 was off-putting because of the clunkiness. Like, I love it still for the great design and all, but I much prefer DS2 and Bloodborne. They actually play smoothly and do what I want. Which I think is why many people say the first one's harder, when it's just technical difficulty.

Really? How come?

It just felt like a poorly designed game that punished you for trying to play it. Some people took that and twisted it into a good thing...claiming that it was a "challenge", but I never saw anything more than a shit game. I got that game for free with Games with Gold, and I didn't play it more than an hour before deleting it from my console and vowing to never play it again.

Edited by Generations

Really? How come?

It just felt like a poorly designed game that punished you for trying to play it. Some people took that and twisted it into a good thing...claiming that it was a "challenge", but I never saw anything more than a shit game. I got that game for free with Games with Gold, and I didn't play it more than an hour before deleting it from my console and vowing to never play it again.

I don't think people twisted it., to be honest. It's just different compared to what we were used to, there are very few games out there that punish you, without being unfair - GodHand comes to mind, but that's about it. The Souls games take some getting used to, granted - but they give an experience like no other.

Nah...clunky design, for sure. I don't know how that could ever be argued or defended. Game feels like it was half-assed and incredibly hard as a result. If you enjoy it, then more power to you...but I just saw a game that didn't deserve anywhere near the level of praise that it got. Kind of ironic that you went off about Last of US being overrated, but you'll defend Dark Souls...which is nothing short of broken, IMO.

Edited by Generations

Meh, I don't think the design is clunky. It's not like it has Resident Evil tank controls or anything. The game is like it is for a reason - otherwise it'd be another run of the mill hack and slash game with little to no tactic - like Dynasty Warriors where you literally just press A to win. It's obvious in the way enemies and the player controls, as well as how the environment has traps when you least expect it - that the game wants you to slow down, time your moves and jumps. This gameworld hates you and it makes it almost as hard to survive virtually as it would be if you were actually there. When you die you don't just die - you lose everything and can get it back by killing whoever killed you - why would they purposely add in a feature like that if the game didn't know you'd die constantly and give you a chance to exact revenge? Games hardly ever give you a real sense of accomplishment, but these titles do.

Also what's ironic about me liking one game but not another? There is really nothing ironic to be seen there. Just because you think Dark Souls is broken doesn't mean my opinion on either game is less valid or ironic.

EDIT: I think you're assuming a lot just going "nah, clunky design for sure". You've played an hour and you can without a shadow of a doubt lay down the fact that it's a poorly designed, clunky game that is difficult not by design but by accident - and that people spun this around as if it was intentional.

Come on, you're a hard-headed guy, but please.

Edited by Mustacio