What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead by Daylight (PS5)

Last few hours of the Bloodhaunt (double XP) event, last few days of the Haunted by Daylight (seasonal) event.

It'd be really great if both events were still running into the weekend, since I'm participating in my 10th year of Extra Life fundraising.

Installing Red Dead 2 on my Series X. Haven't played it in a long time. Just itching to start a new game and experience everything again. Unfortunately, had to uninstall some stuff (because I haven't got any external storage for my Series X yet, and RDR2 is f'in huge). But...yeah. Now just waiting an eternity for the game to install. 

Edited by Generations

On 10/31/2022 at 8:07 PM, Generations said:

^ How is Steamdeck?

(I'm not in the position to buy one...but you are the first person I've heard of owning one. Lol)

The battery life sucks but the console as a whole is incredible. Cyberpunk looks incredible and i found a way to emulate which was very simple to install so ill be able to play a ton of PSX, 2, Xbox, 360, Dreamcast etc games. 

I tried to play the new game on Game Pass...Ghost Song.

Holy shit is this tough. I mean...conceptually, it's not hard. It plays like a Metroid game or whatever. But, the very first main enemy is just a bullet sponge. There is a pattern to beating it (obviously)...but you take about two hits and you are already dead, and this guy just absorbs everything you throw at him. I tried it like three times and then just turned off my Xbox. The first "main" enemy. Lol...

Edited by Generations

Cyberpunk 2077

Was gonna play it from the beginning...but I decided to just continue my old save with 65 hours. Took a while to remember how all the things work, but I am sufficiently back in the swing of things. Also feels great to play the game on the Series X instead of the original Xbox One (which is how I played and beat the game originally). Now I can experience things they way they were meant to be seen. Truly a great game now that it looks and functions the way that it should.

• 4 weeks later...

Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch)

Back to the Pokémon grind after being away from home for over a week. Kinda wish I took it along with me for the trip, but when it comes to this game, I find it to be easier on the eyes when it's displayed on a larger monitor. Meh. 

Also now 'High on Life'...I'm not a huge fan of Rick and Morty humor, but the game is entertaining so far. Entertaining, but buggy...and the combat is pretty bad at times. No cover system...just kinda trying to hide behind things. Aiming is poor. Anyway...very mid. I'm enjoying it for what it is, but it's definitely not going to be for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Violet. - There is a lot that bothers me about it, but, I also don't think it's nearly as bad as early impressions made me feel it would be. Most of my complaints are with actual choices that were made about story and direction, and gameplay itself. The lack of a full Pokedex, the expansive emptiness of the world, the confusing layout of the map, being forced to endure the longest intro tasks in the entire franchise, etc. - The glitches and technical shortcomings haven't seemed as prevalent to me as I expected them to be.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile (Android)- The old Dark Knight Rises mobile game. I found the apk online and was able to reinstall it on my current phone. So far it runs perfectly. 

Console (PS2)- MGS3 Snake Eater. I'm only playing this version so that I could play that hack & slash Easter egg game that occurs if you save and restart at a certain part of the game. For some reason, this was removed from the HD Collection version. 

I bought 'Retro Highway' for like $2 or $3 on Switch. Took a risk on it, since it's clearly a VERY cheap indy game. But, I'm not at all regretting the purchase. It was very cheap, and it plays pretty much like I expected...a nice homage to the Road Rash games, but without a definitive finish for the races. Instead, you collect coins and attempt to pass various objectives and goals. You can do jumps off trucks with ramps, try to avoid the traffic, unlock new bikes and maps. For what it is, the value is definitely there. I've been enjoying it as a pick-up-and-play game for the past few days...and I could see it being one I'll return to from time to time.

Edited by Generations