What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Generations said:

Still wrapping up FFX and playing Biomutant, but I also installed Maneater from Game Pass. Looking forward to that as a summer game. Probably start it on Memorial Day. Lol.

How you finding Biomutant Gen? Heard alot of mixed things about it but I thought it looked decent enough. 

^ I like it a lot. I commented somewhere else (maybe it was gaming general discussion) that I don't understand the low scores. I think it's mostly just because it was hyped as one of the biggest games of this generation. Maybe people were let down. But it reminds me a lot of the way games were when I was growing up. It somehow captures a very nostalgic N64/PS1 gameplay feel for me...while also being perfectly contemporary. Easily a 8/10 for me. Having a blast with it.

Killer Instinct 2013, years late.  It was the only reason that I once wanted an XB1. I'm playing it on my desktop PC that I recently bought and it's running the game and everything else like a champ. I've been using this same PC to play Bayonetta 1 and 2 as well as other games. I wish I had bought one like this a long time ago.

Edited by Spamming Nooblet

Pretty much wrapped on FFX now. I'm at the crossroads of either finished the game or doing some last minute training/questing. I'd love to do some sidequesting, tbh...but, everything left at this point is impossible. I really don't know who these Dark Aeons were intended for...or who in the history of gaming has actually defeated any of them. But...yeah. How would you beat something that does 99,999 damage in a single hit, has 8 million HP, and immediately kills your entire party before you can land one attack? How much would you need to level grind to get anywhere close to beating these?

And it would be fine if they made it obvious that you were choosing to fight one. But, that's twice now that I've just been trying to do some training and walked into the wrong area. They take all the joy out of trying to explore the "post" game. I'm probably just gonna head out and complete the main story now. I don't have any love for impossible battles like these...especially when they're thrust on me like a punishment for just trying to explore. I don't get it, though...is it possible for your characters to ever have that much HP? How big is the sphere grid? Can you ever absorb an attack like that? 99,999 points of damage for one attack? Is it possible to have more health than that? Just absurd, IMO...and I don't mind a challenge at all.

I kept making note as I played through the game that I was easily defeating all of the really tough bosses this time. As a kid, all of these battles were really challenging. I don't think I ever finished the game, tbh. This time, I would beat huge bosses on the first or second try. The main game never held me back like it did all those years ago. Never really struggled. So...to see such an insane jump in difficulty like that...just...wow. It never felt like I was "underperforming" in the main game. How could the side stuff require THAT much more?

Edit: apparently Yojimbo's zanmato attack can kill them in one hit...but that's kinda silly if you need to rely on that to do it (I honestly see no other way, though).

Edited by Generations

2 hours ago, Generations said:

Pretty much wrapped on FFX now. I'm at the crossroads of either finished the game or doing some last minute training/questing. I'd love to do some sidequesting, tbh...but, everything left at this point is impossible. I really don't know who these Dark Aeons were intended for...or who in the history of gaming has actually defeated any of them. But...yeah. How would you beat something that does 99,999 damage in a single hit, has 8 million HP, and immediately kills your entire party before you can land one attack? How much would you need to level grind to get anywhere close to beating these?

And it would be fine if they made it obvious that you were choosing to fight one. But, that's twice now that I've just been trying to do some training and walked into the wrong area. They take all the joy out of trying to explore the "post" game. I'm probably just gonna head out and complete the main story now. I don't have any love for impossible battles like these...especially when they're thrust on me like a punishment for just trying to explore. I don't get it, though...is it possible for your characters to ever have that much HP? How big is the sphere grid? Can you ever absorb an attack like that? 99,999 points of damage for one attack? Is it possible to have more health than that? Just absurd, IMO...and I don't mind a challenge at all.

I kept making note as I played through the game that I was easily defeating all of the really tough bosses this time. As a kid, all of these battles were really challenging. I don't think I ever finished the game, tbh. This time, I would beat huge bosses on the first or second try. The main game never held me back like it did all those years ago. Never really struggled. So...to see such an insane jump in difficulty like that...just...wow. It never felt like I was "underperforming" in the main game. How could the side stuff require THAT much more?

Edit: apparently Yojimbo's zanmato attack can kill them in one hit...but that's kinda silly if you need to rely on that to do it (I honestly see no other way, though).

Final fantasy always has those secret super bosses I think they were added in the remastered games just to add some more challenge

I know this about Final Fantasy bosses.

But there is a different in my opinion between a "fun challenge" and an unrealistically impossible task. I remember fighting that giant tortoise in FFXV for an entire day. It literally took me something like 6 hours to beat it. One battle. I was fine with that, because it was a grind. It was a challenge. But, fighting something that kills your entire team in the first 2 seconds? I don't see that as a challenge. It's just obnoxious. Especially when the solution seems to be having the aeon that can do the same thing. So...it's literally just whether you figure out that you can do that or not...and then it isn't even a challenge anymore. Pointless, IMO. I'd be happier with an actual back and forth battle that takes a long time to win. 

Edited by Generations

I'm finally playing Injustice 2. Story is great. On the final battle now...just got pissed and took a break from it. 

Really want the DLC, but it's so unnecessarily expensive still. I know I saw it for like 80% of in the past, but I never jumped at it. Regretting that now. But, whatever. I mean...it shouldn't be cheaper to literally buy a copy of the Legendary edition. I can get Legendary edition with all DLC from Gamestop for $15, apparently. Buying the packs separately is like three times that amount. 

Edited by Generations

So, even though Injustice 2 is literally free on Game Pass, I've now broken down and ordered a physical disc of the Legendary edition just to get the DLC characters. I can't believe that this is the thing that made the most sense. Lol. I'll keep playing the Game Pass version for now, and my disc should get here Sunday. The cheapest digital option (for just the DLC without the game itself) is something ridiculous like $35 on XBL. I got a Legendary Edition copy for $25 on Amazon. Brand new, sealed, never been touched. The state of DLC is wack these days.

Edited by Generations

Dead by Daylight - PS4

Whittling down my monthly rank to where it normally is when I play the game regularly... I just can't take anymore of these beginner ranks that I've been dumped into because of my recent inactivity.

Some of the boosted survivor plays that I see throughout the course of a play session are enough to claw my own eyes out of their sockets.

Edited by Creepy Bro

Mainly Fortnite, trying to level up, I actually got my little sister liking it, and I bought her thr battlepass so she can play along with us, she mainly wants Rick :lol: we along with my other friends played for hours yesterday, and she told me she had a blast, I'm glad. It's more bonding we can do