What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can add Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3 to my list since they were REALLY cheep on PStore. Both complete editions. Also Monster Hunter (rent only) Xenoverse 2 for the new DLC

Horizon was one of the few games while I had a PS4 that showed serious replay ability. Uncharted not so much. That one seemed like a one and done play through for me.

Can add Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3 to my list since they were REALLY cheep on PStore. Both complete editions. Also Monster Hunter (rent only) Xenoverse 2 for the new DLC

Horizon was one of the few games while I had a PS4 that showed serious replay ability. Uncharted not so much. That one seemed like a one and done play through for me.

I can see what you mean, me I still love Uncharted, I've beat them all. Only way I'd want to play again is trophy hunting. Now Last of Us I've beat multiple times. Lost Legacy is worth a rent not a full on buy now

Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 1 via Backwards Compatibility.

Can you really notice any improvements graphics wise?

Back compatibility isn't really about graphical enhancements...

The enhancements that do exist are limited to things like scaling and frame rate...and that goes for all the backwards compatible games. They play smoother and look like they have been polished...but "graphical improvements" would be a stretch...as that was never the point. It's no different than running something like a Gameboy emulator on a PC and saying "look how crisp everything looks when it isn't hindered by the limitations of a Gameboy".

So, yes...and no. Better hardware is always going to make an improvement...but the source material still hasn't changed...unless it has specifically been remastered, which Red Dead hasn't.

Edited by Generations

I see what you mean but in some instances of emulation the graphical improvements are massive!!! Playing my PS2 on a 1080p TV every game looks fuzzy and weird lines show up on screen every once in a while, but playing the same game on an emulator on my PC and the game looks like it was released yesterday, everything is smooth and the graphics are nice and colorful. They look much better than they ever did from what I can remember at any point during the PS2's long run.

Well, yeah...that's because the hardware is better. It can run the source material to the full extent that it was intended to be played at. Better hardware is always going to do that. So, I guess the answer you're looking for is yes. Games do look cleaner when they're played on better hardware...it isn't anything crazy, but they do look cleaner.

I was just asking because I had an XBOX ONE for a few months and when I played RDR on it I didn't notice any substantial differences but I read some people saying the game looked much better on it than on the 360. Not sure if playing it on a 4K TV makes it look even better than a standard HD TV?

Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 1 via Backwards Compatibility.

Can you really notice any improvements graphics wise?

Back compatibility isn't really about graphical enhancements...

The enhancements that do exist are limited to things like scaling and frame rate...and that goes for all the backwards compatible games. They play smoother and look like they have been polished...but "graphical improvements" would be a stretch...as that was never the point. It's no different than running something like a Gameboy emulator on a PC and saying "look how crisp everything looks when it isn't hindered by the limitations of a Gameboy".

So, yes...and no. Better hardware is always going to make an improvement...but the source material still hasn't changed...unless it has specifically been remastered, which Red Dead hasn't.

To catch up on this i haven't noticed anything but then again i'm playing RDR again after playing it originally on the Ps3.

Bought a physical copy of Super Lucky's Tale a while back for like $15. Had it unopened on the shelf. Now SLT is free with gamepass...so I'm playing it on there. I'll keep my personal copy sealed. Great game from what I played. Liking the mechanics, and the style is very reminiscent of classic N64/PS1 and whatnot.