What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf Story on Switch

Grabbed it on sale, and it's completely worth the $12 or whatever it was. Had no idea that a game about Golf could be so fun. Totally reminds me of the good old days when a good game was a good game...even if it was about a sport (or other subject) that you didn't necessarily care about. Definitely a throwback to a simpler time.

Golf Story (Switch)

Monster Hunter World (Xbox One)

Dragonball FighterZ (Xbox One)

Firewatch (Xbox One)

Just got WonderBoy (Switch) in the mail, and downloaded Claybook (Game Preview) on Xbox One.

Also still playing a bunch of VR stuff on PS4.

I don't have time for all of this shit. Can't decide if gaming is getting harder to keep up with because the games are longer and more plentiful, or if it's just because I'm an adult with responsibilities. Probably both. :lol:

Edited by Generations

Golf Story (Switch)

Monster Hunter World (Xbox One)

Dragonball FighterZ (Xbox One)

Firewatch (Xbox One)

Just got WonderBoy (Switch) in the mail, and downloaded Claybook (Game Preview) on Xbox One.

Also still playing a bunch of VR stuff on PS4.

I don't have time for all of this shit. Can't decide if gaming is getting harder to keep up with because the games are longer and more plentiful, or if it's just because I'm an adult with responsibilities. Probably both. :lol:

I see you have both PS4 and XBO. Which one do you play the most? When I had both systems I played XB more because of all the games that I could carry over from the Xbox 360.

^ I buy most non-exclusives on Xbox.

I would say that I "play" Xbox more...but, I "use" them both equally. I love using my PSVR for Hulu and Netflix on PS4 (blu ray and 3d blu ray as well)...and I love playing VR games. But my PS4 is primarily for entertainment and VR gaming. That will change when AAA titles like Spider-man and God of War start rolling out...but, yeah.

I feel like Sony needs to do a better job of selling PSVR for how many uses it has (that people don't necessarily appreciate). I mean...I had to learn about the capability to play 3D blu rays myself. I never heard Sony plug that as a feature.

For home media and VR - PS4...for gaming -Xbox (for quite a list of reasons). I also play my Switch almost every single day...just because of how convenient it is. Really, it's just nice to have all three systems. Don't have to worry about missing out on anything, and I can manage my time between them as I see fit.

Edited by Generations

I don't think I could have all three systems nowadays, I would prefer just one. I've actually gone away from consoles in the last few years and been mainly a PC guy. I know when people hear PC gaming they think of someone with a headset or chat-camera playing MMO games with a mouse and keyboard but PC gaming is way more than that. It's like a super console that can do a shit ton more than just play games. My PC is pretty much a Playstation, XBOX, and Nintendo all rolled into one.

So you asked a pointless question just to brag about your PC? Cool story then. :lol:

Nah, I asked just so I could brag that I have an Xbox one, ps4....and a gaming computer and which one I prefer at this moment.

Back to your post though would you mind listing some of the reasons you prefer playing non-exclusive games on xb1? I cant really see any differences between the two consoles.

Back to your post though would you mind listing some of the reasons you prefer playing non-exclusive games on xb1? I cant really see any differences between the two consoles.

Controller design, achievements > trophies, being able to stream gameplay to my computer when I don't want to play in the living room, etc. Not to mention...PS4 versions of games seem notorious for having more glitches in my experience (especially when it comes to full crashes).

Started playing WonderBoy on Switch...never played the original. Has this game always felt like the controls were sliding around on oil? I don't know...the controls just seem really off to me...guess I'm getting used to them after playing more, but they still seem like they could have been tightened up.

Edited by Generations

Finished Firewatch. Game got a lot of flak when it came out, (if memory serves me right). Guess I might understand negative opinions if I had paid full price for it...but it was a pretty solid experience for the $8 I paid. Easy 1000G too. I think people just like to buy games without fully understanding what kind of games they are, and then they like to bitch when they're let down. Gameplay was lacking...but it's definitely a solid story.

Edited by Generations

Ratchet and Clank Collection. Finished Ratchet and Clank 2 (that I've never played) which is good. Better than the first one in terms of gameplay and improvements to everything else.

Ratchet and Clank 3, on the other hand? Massive improvements over both 1 and 2. Loving it so far.